Child bitten
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Child bitten

Post Thanks / Like

Default Child bitten

My child (baby) is going through a biting phase and unfortunately bit my mindee today who was fine but should I acknowledge this with parents and or accident form? I meant to mention it at pick up but forgot. Thanks....

Registered Childminder since
    May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

An awkward situation but if the bite made a mark of any kind then I would have recorded it in my accident book and got parents to sign at the end of the day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catswhiskers View Post
    An awkward situation but if the bite made a mark of any kind then I would have recorded it in my accident book and got parents to sign at the end of the day.
    Yeh it did, mindee said it didn't hurt but I felt quite bad! I'll do a form and get parents to sign...how embarrassing!

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, an accident form for mindee and an incident form for your lo. Even tho it's your own child. This is what I was told by Ofsted, so that it can be identified who caused the injury in the event of a complaint/allegation

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes you should def do an accident form for the mindee and also an incident form for your own LO.
    I remember once my DD when she was about 2, for no reason whatsoever just bit one of my older mindees on the shoulder literally 5 mins before home time. It happened right in front of me, they were just sitting on the sofa, the poor mindee didn't do anything at all, my DD just bit him for no reason. So embarrassing, especially as it was just before his parents arrived so I didn't even have time to calm him down. Parents just walked in to what must have looked like a complete mad house

xxx

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The first time my ds bit ... was during my first proper ofsted inspection! Luckily it was me ... But left deep teeth marks and a bruise!

He then bit again the following week ... minded child's cheek! Mum was there and said ' oh she has such podgy cheeks I often want to bite them myself ! '

Luckily he has never bitten again!

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My DD bit a mindee too. They were in the side by side pushchair and DD bit mindees arm. It is so embarrassing. I was totally paranoid when they were in the pushchair together. Mindee 'got her own back' a few days later and bit my DD on the cheek and left a terrible mark. I was only a couple of meters away from them but it just happens so fast and out of the blue. Luckily for me the parents were fine but were absolutely mortified when their own child bit mine.