Wimbledon
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Wimbledon

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wimbledon

Does anyone or is anyone doing anything for Wimbledon with the children? My mindee insists on strawberries most days anyway but trying to think of any other Wimbledon inspired ideas.....

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I always think if sport is inspiring the activity then you have to do the sport! Not paint or modal or read about it...get active.
    Ball and bat activities that involve hitting a tennis ball like a cricket bat does on the ground......introduce ball boys and girls, learn to kneel on one knee then chase after the balls...throw a ball and try to hit it ...serve somehow, anyhow so that the bat hits the ball...we will probably do a different ball activity everyday...some in the garden and some on the field.
    DH has sorted our old swing ball to limit its swing for the three year olds...we've practised ( great fun) as an RA but may need adjusting as we go along depending on age of children.
    Luckily we have a wall you can throw a ball at and it rebounds.....I have found some really old but clean tennis balls at the back of the shed that don't bounce lots...perfect!

Have fun.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Does anyone or is anyone doing anything for Wimbledon with the children? My mindee insists on strawberries most days anyway but trying to think of any other Wimbledon inspired ideas.....
    Just add £2.50 per 10 strawberries to mum's invoice and you have that instant 'Wimbledon effect'.

4. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mmmm, how about using Andy Murray as a shining example of 'British Values'. Not.

6. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha guys lol! :-)

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooops, sorry. I feel guilty for now for my rather bitchy outburst against AM. He's not a bad guy really but I do think he should be a bit more gracious to his English fans. x

9. Likes AliceK liked this post
    Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Ooops, sorry. I feel guilty for now for my rather bitchy outburst against AM. He's not a bad guy really but I do think he should be a bit more gracious to his English fans. x
    When isn't he?

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You're right Kellib, I do not actually know of any occasion when he wasn't gracious to his English fans. I was jumping on the media bandwagon, which was unfair of me.