What's your thought on parents using childcare when it's not needed?

Hybrid View

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysright View Post
    i think all of the above is fine unless its being funded by the taxpayers via tax credits! why should this be funded so she can laze around all day, if she was footing the bill herself then its a different story
    Th OP says that parents claim tax credits, not specifically the childcare element of tax credits. I don't think it's fair to judge the family based on the limited knowledge we have of them and their financial situation and on the assumption that they are using childcare funding when mum doesn't work.

Registered Childminder since
    July 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Family receives childcare element of tax credits.

The funding of the childcare doesn't really bother me. Yes, it may be that the family aren't entitled to the childcare element of tax credits. That's between the family and HMRC.

And mum doesn't have twins and has a fully supportive partner and father of the kids... Despite me already saying I totally understand having a bit of respite and time away from kids, two situations are completely different.

My only issue is the well-being of the middle child, especially when the baby is born as mum intends to continue to send 20 month old girl to full time childcare, whilst on maternity leave, whilst baby and eldest boys are at home with her.

Again, I understand the need for respite. Is sending one of your children to childcare Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm respite though?

I'm hoping that as family are in receipt of childcare tax credits that it'll be no odds to her if she's paid for the childcare and will keep her child at home some days so middle child can bond with her new brother and won't feel pushed out.

I'm also considering taking a day off in the week from September so that may force mum to spend time with her. It'll all depend on whether me reducing a day means she'll cancel her contract with me or not, as I won't take a day off if it'll jeopardise a huge part of my income.