Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default She's coming!!!!!

Just had the call. Mrs O is on the way next week. Panic is setting in already. All those posts I've made saying I don't worry about ofsted anymore.... Ignore them all, I'm a total liar!!!!

2. Likes Maza, JCrakers, FloraDora liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    Just had the call. Mrs O is on the way next week. Panic is setting in already. All those posts I've made saying I don't worry about ofsted anymore.... Ignore them all, I'm a total liar!!!!
    Good luck :-)

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

dread the call, but at the same time would like to get it out the way! as knowing it could be anytime is worse!

good luck

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

She's coming here too! Nice to have a week's notice but means a week of dread! Part of me is just glad to get the call, been expecting it for about 3 years now! Good Luck :-)

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I know how that feels - I think I went into a state of shock. My advice would be to spend time researching your inspector to find out what they are picky on and then add comments to your SEF on how you address those areas into your setting. I spent hours on my SEF and it was well worth it as my inspector already knew about how I work before she arrived, I just had to prove it by either doing some of those things on the day with the children or having a selection of outings and activities displayed on our digital photo frame.

I'm convinced that the wonderful letters from current and past parents helped too - if they aren't keen on letter writing give them simple questionnaires to fill out instead.

So draw up a list of any jobs you want to get done (need to be achievable) mine was things like check contents of first aid kits, all medicine & accident forms were signed, take new photos for my choosing cards as I had split or combined some contents of boxes and one for your OH if necessary (my husbands list had things like repair broken fence panel, put up number bunting in the garden (I already had it just hadn't put it up) etc

Good luck

7. Likes lollipop kid liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    I know how that feels - I think I went into a state of shock. My advice would be to spend time researching your inspector to find out what they are picky on and then add comments to your SEF on how you address those areas into your setting. I spent hours on my SEF and it was well worth it as my inspector already knew about how I work before she arrived, I just had to prove it by either doing some of those things on the day with the children or having a selection of outings and activities displayed on our digital photo frame.

I'm convinced that the wonderful letters from current and past parents helped too - if they aren't keen on letter writing give them simple questionnaires to fill out instead.

So draw up a list of any jobs you want to get done (need to be achievable) mine was things like check contents of first aid kits, all medicine & accident forms were signed, take new photos for my choosing cards as I had split or combined some contents of boxes and one for your OH if necessary (my husbands list had things like repair broken fence panel, put up number bunting in the garden (I already had it just hadn't put it up) etc

Good luck
    Thanks. Yes I started the list as soon as I put the phone down. How do you find details of the inspector

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    Thanks. Yes I started the list as soon as I put the phone down. How do you find details of the inspector
    I know how you feel, I was super confident until the phone call!
    I just searched through all reports in my area scrolled quickly down each one to find inspectors name, it's a bit of a trawl, DH continued it for me in the end and then saved me the reports with her name since last September. It's good just to see if there is a pattern of what she comments on or improvements suggested.

Good luck.

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I had mine end of April and was exactly the same!

I went through all my paperwork and stayed off facebook/ here as much as possible as I didn't want to panic about everything "other people did"

Good luck xx

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post

I just searched through all reports in my area scrolled quickly down each one to find inspectors name, it's a bit of a trawl, DH continued it for me in the end and then saved me the reports with her name since last September. It's good just to see if there is a pattern of what she comments on or improvements suggested.

Good luck.
    My last inspector said that everyone inspects the same, so you shouldn't be able to pick up info about what their pet areas are they like. BUT she did say she was very interested to find out what I discovered, and she did not know that childminders did actually research their inspectors.!!!!

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post

Good luck.
    Yes this is how I did my searching - there is now a site where you can search for inspectors but my internet browser was too out of date to use it - it's Watchsted - Watchsted - Maps