Hi, can anyone help? I was looking after 2 children, brother and sister and I gave the parent 4 weeks notice for when I went on holiday but a week later she gave me her notice, so I said ok just pay me up until your notice which ran into my holiday. When I got back from my holiday I rang her and she said she didnt have the rest of the money which is £100, so I told her to let me know when she did have it. I didnt hear from her for 3 weeks so my partner went to her house and her partner said that they are not paying me because her eldest childs (who was at school and was orginally ment to have her in school holidays which I never had her anyway, she always went to her grandmas house) contract was not signed so he said I havent got a leg to stand on so he wasnt paying me. The thing thats got me is she was a friend I didnt think she would do that. Is there any sort of way I can make her pay me even if it means I go to a solicitor? do solicitors normally take these sort of cases or can OFSTED do any thing to help childminders in my situation??

I would be grateful for any advice xx