Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

well, I've just sent a text message requesting mum chases the bank!!! which I know she won't be able to do as its a bank holiday, but I've been away all week and only had limited internet access and wasn't going to check bank accounts, when I could be doing important things like reading the forum !!!
    :-) mum paid ... and bank ensured her it would be in my account immediately! Xx

2. Likes Maza, JCrakers liked this post
    Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done! Works for me every time. Don't you just love Internet Banking?

L

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lollipop kid View Post

Well done! Works for me every time. Don't you just love Internet Banking?

L
    :-) Oh yes!

Xx

Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I enforced my late payment fee once (at my wits end after 5 or 6 months in a row of late payments). Dad paid up with very bad grace then almost immediately gave notice (bizarrely refusing to bring the child for the notice period - I think that was supposed to be my punishment ).

6. Likes Maza, lisbet liked this post
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't you just hate having to ask for wages. No one else has to do it.

It really gets to me!! When I got the reply text saying that she had forgot I felt like replying 'Maybe I might "forget" to pick up your daughter from school'

When you put so much effort into a job, looking after their children who are their most important possession you'd think that people would have the decency to pay you on time for it. I'm sure most people think we either do this for fun or because its the love of the job
    Its so disrespectful and some of my parents have lost major brownie points in my eyes this month. I wont be doing anyone any favours

It works both ways
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    It would only need to be enforced once though
    Exactly. One of my late charges was about £80 and the other was about £50. You are right though, I only had to charge each parent once, they were never late again. It just shows a lack of respect to pay your childminder late. I once told one parent who was using the excuse that they had been on holiday which was why they were late paying "I don't use your money to buy shoes and handbags, I use it to keep a roof over our heads".

xxx

10. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm speechless ... Mum said she thought she'd paid early ... Child arrived today ... invoice is STILL in sealed envelope inside diary, despite being handed to mum!

I've now added a letter about care required 2015/16, saying that if not returned in 2 weeks I will assume care not required! (As have someone desperate for space!) ... I wonder if I'll get a reply! ( or knowing this mum ... she'll say one thing and need something totally different the next day! )

(I will be asking all my parents of Schoolies or almost Schoolies to confirm care for next school year within the next couple of weeks. I always do at the start of the summer term)
    Last edited by loocyloo; 07-04-2015 at 02:32 PM.

12. Likes lollipop kid liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12