Likes Likes:  26
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had washable nappies and again never smelled. I used tots bots potion specially designed to allow you to wash at 30 always washed higher though. It was antibacterial so made me feel happier. Also never had a poo explosion. Also found that giving them a quick 15 min wash before main wash made them even cleaner. Might of just been in my head though.

feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

ooh Hector I remember the days of napisan and nappy pails, my nappies went n the boil wash lol, don't think 40 degrees would kill the germs? good luck my lovely once she's settled she will probably quickly get used to yur rulesxxx

3. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by watgem View Post
    ooh Hector I remember the days of napisan and nappy pails, my nappies went n the boil wash lol, don't think 40 degrees would kill the germs? good luck my lovely once she's settled she will probably quickly get used to yur rulesxxx
    I'm sure the baby will get used to your rules, they usually do, but what concerns me is the parents attitude. If she stood by and watched her child eat the fruit then pick ups/drop offs could become annoying - we all know many children play up at these times. You will have to lay down the law from day 1 to the parents about expected behaviour or your handovers could be very stressful. (I'm a fine one to talk about behaviour at pick up, but hopefully I've learnt my lesson for future mindees!)

5. Likes hectors house liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Had the lo here this morning for a 2 hours settling in session - she was no trouble, enjoyed doing singing, reading stories, free play with toys (although she did laugh at me when I said no when she was throwing wooden bricks).

Changed her nappy after snack - it had exploded all over the outer wrapper, so I ended up sluicing everything in the loo and just putting her in cloth nappy with tights over the top - it was only 1/2 hour until her dad came to collect. Must make sure parents bring several cloth nappies, spare wrapper and spare clothes next time. I did text to say if they were going out after collecting from me to bring a spare wrapper but the dad forgot, so he made a temp one using one of my carrier bags - just as well I don't just have cloth bags like they do as that was 2 they have used of mine today as had to put the sluiced out nappies in one too.

Also the Child record form came back (as I had half expected) saying vegetarian, minimal cows milk, sugar and wheat - does anyone have any tasty vegetarian cooked lunch recipes please. (she doesn't have fish either).

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Parents email address?! I'm
    Intrigued! ....
    figjam@fussymummy.com

...........and don't report it as a bad link: I made it up.

8. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    figjam@fussymummy.com

...........and don't report it as a bad link: I made it up.
    Good guess - you're getting warmer!

10. Likes bunyip liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Good guess - you're getting warmer!
    cantwaittomakelifehellforsomepoorsapofachildminder @ attachmentparenting.co.uk ?

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a call today for a little one needing childcare, has been attached to mummy from birth and never left even with daddy. Mummy went on to tell me how she needed to find a childminder with lots of patcience as the child was not used to being put down ever as it upset mummy to see her child cry, oh and lo needed to start next Monday full time.
    I've got to say I felt guilty giving her other childminders numbers

13. Likes AliceK, Maza, Ripeberry, JCrakers, KateA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue bear View Post
    I got a call today for a little one needing childcare, has been attached to mummy from birth and never left even with daddy. Mummy went on to tell me how she needed to find a childminder with lots of patcience as the child was not used to being put down ever as it upset mummy to see her child cry, oh and lo needed to start next Monday full time. I've got to say I felt guilty giving her other childminders numbers
    Lol too funny!

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue bear View Post
    I got a call today for a little one needing childcare, has been attached to mummy from birth and never left even with daddy. Mummy went on to tell me how she needed to find a childminder with lots of patcience as the child was not used to being put down ever as it upset mummy to see her child cry, oh and lo needed to start next Monday full time.
    I've got to say I felt guilty giving her other childminders numbers
    Lol..Blue Bear!! Glad you're not in my neighbourhood
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JCrakers View Post

Lol..Blue Bear!! Glad you're not in my neighbourhood
    Just what I thought!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12