Attendance register
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Attendance register

Hi everyone, I have a daily attendance register that I write the exact arrival and departure times of children everyday. But parent's signature part is only one small box at the bottom of the column. And it lets parents to sign it only at the end of the day of that week as it is weekly column. (Pacey' attendance register). It is a bit nonsense as they might not remember the arrival times or departure times at the end of the week. I do record it everyday but they only sign it once a week. For the child protection it has to be recorded every day but then does not have to be signed by parents everyday?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not a legal requirement to have the register signed by parents, so it's a matter of choice whether, or how often, you want to get it signed.

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to use Pacey register and get parents to sign but they just scribbled initials and never ever read the times I had recorded- they trusted I had it right. So I stopped getting them signed, what's the point?

It is useful if you are getting paid in arrears- then you need to agree what times the child was there for the parents to pay for hours used and a signature can help avoid disagreements. But I do payment in advance so not relevant for me.

4. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    It's not a legal requirement to have the register signed by parents, so it's a matter of choice whether, or how often, you want to get it signed.
    Hi, thanks for your reply. I was told by childminding coordinator that parents should sign the exact times because of the child protection. But I can't understand if they should sign it every day why Pacey does weekly which would be pointless for signing. I am buying a software, I will start doing the attendance Register on the computer and email to parents to tick if signing is not a legal requirement. I think ticking would be an approval too for child protection.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I get the parents to put the time of arrival/collection in the box themselves. That way they know if it is 6.10 instead of the contracted 6.00! I also use the Pacey register and they sign once a week.

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't had parents sign mine for years

I have had an osfted inspection during that time! I use MM but pretty much the same as the Pacey ones but you can fit 6 children per sheet, rather than flicking back and forward to each child (which drove me nuts!!)

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I ask parents to sign every month when I give them their bill to confirm their child's hours ... it's not a requirement but it is good practice

9. Likes lollipop kid liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I write the exact time on my sheets - not space for parent signature as I have 24 children on the same sheets
    Debbie