Hi, I currently have a foundation in early years and worked with children for 4 years, I now have a child of my own and do not want to leave her while I work so I am seriously thinking of childminding however the numbers will have to add up.
I am fine with lots of paperwork (husband is a teacher so used to his marking and Ofsted etc) our house is quite large with a big garden and we have a playroom already so I am confident that I will be ok setting up but can I earn the money???
I have spoken to two child minders today (at play groups) the first one said that she is giving up childminding after the summer as she is sick of the paperwork and very low pay/wages . The other lady I spoke to loves it and earns quite a lot, she doesn't have any children of her own so is able to have the maximum amount of children (I have a baby so will be limited).
Does being a child minder pay good money ? I love children and have a choice if working in a school but leaving my baby or setting up on my own and caring for my own child at the same time but I do need to earn quite a substantial amount. Also I am worried about setting up as a childminder but not getting any children!!! Is it hard to get started and get children in place?? I know that depends on area but would like your honest opinions please
Thank you