where are you based?

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Chertsey, Surrey

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Crumpet I have an interview for a trainee assessor position - caseload 40 learners. I'm just thinking through how this might work in practise. Do you think it's possible to be flexible around school runs holidays? I thought it maybe possible for me to assess during term time and then work from home holidays etc
    Does this sound workable generally!?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KatieFS View Post
    Crumpet I have an interview for a trainee assessor position - caseload 40 learners. I'm just thinking through how this might work in practise. Do you think it's possible to be flexible around school runs holidays? I thought it maybe possible for me to assess during term time and then work from home holidays etc
    Does this sound workable generally!?
    Depends on where the 40 are based and how often you need to do an actual visit or is it just email /phone support etc.
    You would really have to manage your caseload sensibly with 40! Is it all paperbased or online learning?
    40 is a lot of learners to remember but i think it'll be the norm now as more training providers go online. It's a shame as you can't beat actually going into a setting and seeing the interaction and practical side of it, rather than sending emails Web chats etc. But hey that's another story!
    I would go for the interview and ask your questions and go from there. Especially as it is a route u want to go down.
    Good luck x

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I just posted about this a little as I have been diagnosed with a hernia, not sure whether to pack it all in and do something else.....tricky, have a dodgy wrist as well from over use and sore neck....

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! Yes will go for it and see how it goes. Yes will need to ask questions to clarify but think the role is around my county that's as much as I know

Could you help on potential interview questions - trying to gain a better understanding of new eye and apprenticeships- any ideas?

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Veggie sausage - hernia! Ouch! Bad luck!! Saw the thread. I have had bad backs - cm is a physical job no getting away from that. You might be ok with older children?

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

For me been thinking for a while time to
    Move on. The negatives are starting to outweigh positives. If this job doesn't come through will keep going. Doing my assessors qualification at the moment hoping to get freelance work but if right opportunity comes along would seriously consider it

Post Thanks / Like

Yes of course just message any questions etc u want help /ideas with. X

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123