Policies and procedures agreement form
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Policies and procedures agreement form

What do you call the form that parents sign to say they agree with your policies and procedures?

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    What do you call the form that parents sign to say they agree with your policies and procedures?
    'Policies and procedures agreement form'

3. Likes fluff1975 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    'Policies and procedures agreement form'
    Lol is that what it's actually known as? I couldn't think?!

Simona Guest

Lol is that what it's actually known as? I couldn't think?!
    Parents will possibly agree with your procedures...such as a fire evacuation...because it entails keeping children safe and comply to EYFS WR
    Parents may not...although...agree with your policies and that is the reason they are asked to read and discuss further if they are unclear.

Example....You may state that you use the 'naughty chair'....and parents have the right to disagree with that...I would, as a parent, veto that myself.
    You may decide in your policy you want to be paid on the 1st of the month...but parents do not agree and pay you late...so your policy is not enough unless you follow it with a procedure....no fee = no childcare!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Parents will possibly agree with your procedures...such as a fire evacuation...because it entails keeping children safe and comply to EYFS WR Parents may not...although...agree with your policies and that is the reason they are asked to read and discuss further if they are unclear. Example....You may state that you use the 'naughty chair'....and parents have the right to disagree with that...I would, as a parent, veto that myself. You may decide in your policy you want to be paid on the 1st of the month...but parents do not agree and pay you late...so your policy is not enough unless you follow it with a procedure....no fee = no childcare!
    Thanks Simona, yes I was just looking for the name of the form.
    If they do disagree with a policy do they just cross through the specific policy they don't agree with it and state they don't agree but then still sign the form if they agree with the rest?sorry not sure I've explained that very well?!

Simona Guest

Thanks Simona, yes I was just looking for the name of the form.
    If they do disagree with a policy do they just cross through the specific policy they don't agree with it and state they don't agree but then still sign the form if they agree with the rest?sorry not sure I've explained that very well?!
    I am not sure why you want a separate form but it is up to you to decide and cut or not unnecessary paperwork.
    Your contract can include an agreement clause and consent section.
    Any part of your policy a parent does not agree with you need to discuss further...they should not sign if they do not agree.
    For instance...in the past some parents agreed to their child being smacked...that was a NO NO for cms...so no negotiations there.

My understanding they sign because they have read the policies...please remember that policies are not compulsory for CMs but Safeguarding is...another EYFS anomaly as I feel they should be.
    Some cms have dozens of policies ...others just a few...your call

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a list of all the permissions I need parents to Consent to, on the same form I just list all the Policies in my 8 page Policy Document, there are 13 of them and under them it says ' I have read, received a copy of and agree to all the above Policies and Complaints Procedure.'

They then sign the one Document. All my Policies are also listed on my Contract where it states they agree to them all. I don't give parents the option to opt out of any of the Permissions I ask for or any of my Policies. If they can't agree to everything on this simple document then I wouldn't be able to work with them and I wouldn't sign a Contract with them. My business, my rules, simple.

When I sign a COntract with a family I give them a simple 50p Plastic folder with plastic wallets in with a copy of their Contract and all the forms they have signed, a copy of my latest Ofsted Report, a paper Copy of my 8 page Policy Document, a Copy of my Complaints Procedure, a letter listing my holiday dates for the year which they sign to say they have had and a document for parents about EYFS. It doesn't cost much to produce and I feel a parent can not then turn around and accuse me of not giving them copies of documents or say they have never seen my Policies or Complaints procedure. It is well worth it in my experience and it looks Professional. I advise them to keep it to hand and to add any further letters, receipts to it as time goes on so they know where to find them. No excuse to loose those receipts or Contract needed for Tax Credits. I then make a min admin charge of £25 if they need duplicate receipts etc.
    Last edited by rickysmiths; 11-03-2015 at 04:19 PM.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    I have a list of all the permissions I need parents to Consent to, on the same form I just list all the Policies in my 8 page Policy Document, there are 13 of them and under them it says ' I have read, received a copy of and agree to all the above Policies and Complaints Procedure.'

They then sign the one Document. All my Policies are also listed on my Contract where it states they agree to them all. I don't give parents the option to opt out of any of the Permissions I ask for or any of my Policies. If they can't agree to everything on this simple document then I wouldn't be able to work with them and I wouldn't sign a Contract with them. My business, my rules, simple.

When I sign a COntract with a family I give them a simple 50p Plastic folder with plastic wallets in with a copy of their Contract and all the forms they have signed, a copy of my latest Ofsted Report, a paper Copy of my 8 page Policy Document, a Copy of my Complaints Procedure, a letter listing my holiday dates for the year which they sign to say they have had and a document for parents about EYFS. It doesn't cost much to produce and I feel a parent can not then turn around and accuse me of not giving them copies of documents or say they have never seen my Policies or Complaints procedure. It is well worth it in my experience and it looks Professional. I advise them to keep it to hand and to add any further letters, receipts to it as time goes on so they know where to find them. No excuse to loose those receipts or Contract needed for Tax Credits. I then make a min admin charge of £25 if they need duplicate receipts etc.
    Just 2 simple questions
    If you say you use time out...as an example... but parents are not happy ...would you not discuss further and find an alternative solution?

if you state that you need payment on the 1st of the month but parents 'reassure' you they can pay on the 5th...would you not give them a change...then if this promise is broken review ?