What can I do about the 15 minutes?!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  38
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Simona Guest

Hurrah!!! I got a reply from the DfE
    I think it has clarified the various shades of doubt.

I will post the reply in a different thread so everyone can look and decide for themselves

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Will look forward to reading it :-)

4. Likes loocyloo, SYLVIA liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by *daisychain* View Post
    Will look forward to reading it :-)
    I posted the DfE's response in the general chat section yesterday...in a sticky thread that has been there a long time ...right at the top of the page
    I personally feel the reply is the clearest the DfE or Ofsted have offered so far.

I was really never in doubt what we could do when looking at ratios but this reply has made me even more sure and it looks like DfE, Ofsted and others may come up with solutions to help cms further in this area.

I hope other cms will find it as useful as I have and feel more confident when deciding on the ratio.

Good luck everyone.

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry must be me but can't find it?!? What's it called?

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by KatieFS View Post
    Sorry must be me but can't find it?!? What's it called?
    The post is a sticky...right at the top of the General childminding chat.

For general information to those who read it:
    The extracts I posted are taken 'word for word' from the various emails.
    They are their explanations ..therefore cms must decide for themselves ...if in doubt do contact the DfE

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok will have to log on to laptop to check it out

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

A childminder friend has an exact same 15 minute situation. She phoned Ofsted who said she could do it so long as she fully risk assessed it and had written consent from all parents. Its works for her and she's had an inspection since where it wasn't mentioned, despite that being the day she was over her numbers for 15 minutes!

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fluff1975 View Post
    A childminder friend has an exact same 15 minute situation. She phoned Ofsted who said she could do it so long as she fully risk assessed it and had written consent from all parents. Its works for her and she's had an inspection since where it wasn't mentioned, despite that being the day she was over her numbers for 15 minutes!
    This is music to my ears!!!
    Strange that Ofsted would endorse this individual request but refuse to clarify overall?

Thank you for sharing!

11. Likes fluff1975 liked this post
    Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    This is music to my ears!!!
    Strange that Ofsted would endorse this individual request but refuse to clarify overall?

Thank you for sharing!
    Strange and Ofsted. Say no more

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This is music to my ears!!! Strange that Ofsted would endorse this individual request but refuse to clarify overall? Thank you for sharing!
    I agree it's strange as they don't give variations any more so it would still be on the cm's head if an inspector deemed it unacceptable. Also did the reason for the four children come up?

If we could get something in writing which states taking on new business taking you to four EY children is viable then I would be happier! This will be hard because they might say yes to a small overlap but how much is that!

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I agree it's strange as they don't give variations any more so it would still be on the cm's head if an inspector deemed it unacceptable. Also did the reason for the four children come up?

If we could get something in writing which states taking on new business taking you to four EY children is viable then I would be happier! This will be hard because they might say yes to a small overlap but how much is that!
    I am in agreement with you on this Rick
    We need it in writing...clear precise English....so that exceptional circumstances are given some guidance.

if the DfE says they may 'consider' tweaking the EYFS then let's push for that and I have made that clear today in my reply to their reply to my reply to the original query!!!

I will carry on at the DfE ...you get Nick Hudson to reply...a reply in unison would be a great help to us all ...and so says all of us ?

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am in agreement with you on this Rick We need it in writing...clear precise English....so that exceptional circumstances are given some guidance. if the DfE says they may 'consider' tweaking the EYFS then let's push for that and I have made that clear today in my reply to their reply to my reply to the original query!!! I will carry on at the DfE ...you get Nick Hudson to reply...a reply in unison would be a great help to us all ...and so says all of us ?
    Agreed

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Agreed
    Don't forget to address Hudson by his new title ' Director of Early Childhood' now

17. Likes Rick liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fluff1975 View Post
    I wonder if you could help me with a little clarification...just for myself and to base it on what Ofsted say in their replies 'we cannot comment on individual cases'...same as the DfE really.

Your friend was inspected and you say she had 4 under 5...do you know if this was in her inspection report? was there a comment about 'meeting all children's needs'?
    when she rang Ofsted for support she was told it was ok....was this recorded by the operator in your friend's file ?

It would help to know

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345