Sandpits
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Sandpits

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sandpits

What ages are sandpits good from? Are Sand and water tables preferred these days over the old type of Sandpits kids used to sit in? Do you risk assess yours? Is there special "child friendly" sand you buy?! I'm clueless sorry!!!

Registered Childminder since
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the preference between types is purely personal , there isnt one or the other that ofsted would prefer to see - it depends on your home and your children. Ive got quite a large garden so plenty of space for an oldfashioned 'get in there' sandpit. But then I also use the smaller sand trays for lots of thing from sand , to small world scenes etc....
    Yes risk assess , lots of risks to cover with sand..how are you going to keep it clean? teaching safe sand rules , no throwing etc....
    Playsand is available in 15kg bags from argos , Im sure from lots of other places too. Its much better than the bulk sand , non staining , less coarse etc....

3. Likes blue bear liked this post