Solutions for 14m & 16M olds wanting to sit at table please?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    We have a bit of both- We have a dining table and high chairs up to the table where we all sit for family meals and some activities- Advantages are that we are all sitting together etc, as you say. Disadvantage is children all need lifting in/out of chairs, no independence, they cannot reach the table properly from the floor for laying the table/clearing up. So, I also have a low table and chairs for snacks and some activities where even little ones can sit themselves down, pull the table up to their chair, get themselves up and take their own cup to the sink, set the table themselves and clear away because they can reach it all. I find the combination is perfect for us (all EY children)
    Interesting. I use the dining table in the kitchen with 2 high chairs and 1 toddler sat at table. This works well for lunch, but I may introduce snack on the smaller table, I love this idea! Many thanks

I have a lack table with some high backed chairs (I think the chairs are elc ones, plastic)

Hmm great ideas and tips thanks everyone

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I had twin 7 month olds a few years back and at the time I already had toddlers in the 2 highchairs I had so I bought two of the phil and teds clip on highchairs = they literally clip on to the side of the table and then they can sit at the table! they were great and the kids loved them! I no longer use them as I have the strap on plastic booster seats with harnesses on 3 of my dining chairs. I don't tend to get as many little ones at a time now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12