Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Croup

Registered Childminder since
    sept 12
    Non childminder member
    Please select
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Croup

Hi, I've just been informed that one of my mindees has croup and was taken to out of hours yesterday. They seem fine today and Dad has asked if I can still have them tomorrow. I've googled croup and it seems to be most contagious to younger children - I've only got this child and older after school children tomorrow - can I still have them? Mum works from home just round the corner from me so I can get them back home if seems unwell - I just can't find any info regarding whether they need to be excluded. TIA xx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had children with Croup. As long as they are fit enough to take part in the day then they are usually fine.

It is contagious but my son had it and shared a bedroom with his sister and she never got it and nor did we. The last minded child I had with it, her younger brother nor her parents got it!

sept 12
    Non childminder member
    Please select
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Ricky smiths for your reply. I'll let parents know I can still have little one - I didn't want to let them down if I could help it! Thank you! Xx