Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: car insurance

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default car insurance

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a bit of advice! I am currently insured as a named driver on my husbands policy but I would like to start taking the children in the car.
    Is it acceptable to have business insurance added as a named driver or will I need my own policy? I am with Tesco if that makes any difference?

Thank you

June86
    Post Thanks / Like

I would ring your insurers and ask but l would think that if the car was insured for business use, which shouldn't increase your premium, and they know that you are driving it for your business it would be ok.

Sept 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about for tesco but with admiral I am main driver and my husband is named driver on the 'big' car and vice versa on the 'little' and for both I am insured to drive for childminding business. So, they are happy for the named driver to use the car fro business. It didn't increase the premium, but I did pay an admin fee.
    Give them a ring and check.

4. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies 😃. They added out on for free (other than a £20 admin fee), so today we went out to a museum that would normally be too far away! I was nervous about driving mindee for the first time ever but i done it woooohoooo!!

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wee_elf View Post
    Thanks for the replies ��. They added out on for free (other than a £20 admin fee), so today we went out to a museum that would normally be too far away! I was nervous about driving mindee for the first time ever but i done it woooohoooo!!
    well done you xx