Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mindees family seperating

Hi all
    Sad times for a family I have on the books. Mum and dad are separating. Very early days, something happened at the weekend. Don't know the ins and outs but mum very upset. She said 'the children saw something they shouldn't have'
    I didn't ask questions - maybe I should have? Very aware it's delicate mum is in bits. They have 2 children, both have children from prev relationships they have 1 lo nearly 2 that is theirs.

I'm looking for advice how to deal with it, both parents, children too - how might I deal with it all. Feel so upset for them, the lo is a real family girl loves her dad and brothers so much. Breaks my heart!

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

It's an awful shocker when something like this happens unexpectedly, The best advice I can give - from experience - is don't get involved, don't ask questions as to the ins and outs. It's hard not to take sides and make judgments if you know too much and this will NOT help you and can end up causing you a problem. Try and continue as before and the continuity and consistency of your care for the children may be the only thing that helps them - so keep it AS NORMAL as possible

3. Likes Kiddleywinks, hectors house liked this post
    sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

All you can do is be there to support lo. Listen if they talk, comfort if there sad and all the general things. Maybe do a topic on family's and the different ways families work e.g not always together, sometimes only a mum, sometimes only a dad etc

5. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks good advice. I had felt its best not to get involved.
    Should I be asking where lo are living? I think mum has moved out of family home, lo staying with dad last few days.

Nov2014
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    Having had to deal with the fall outs from relationship breakdowns on a regular basis in my previous life, I would reiterate what others are saying - have as little to do with it as possible! You do need to know key information such as address of child/contact details/parental responsibilities etc. However, with a bit of luck it may all well 'blow over' and they could be playing happy families again in the near future! Whatever happens, remain professional as always and concentrate on providing excellent care whilst LO/s are with you. That's really all you can do, these things happen!!