2 and 3 yr funding??
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2 and 3 yr funding??

I had my DO come to visit yesterday as I had enquired about offering 2 and 3 yr funding. She said that I would need a Good on my next inspection (due any day) to be able to offer the 2 yr funding.

She had a look through all my paperwork, and advised on a couple of minor things to amend, but said that generally my paperwork was spot on. She also gave me some advice about my resources and how to organise and said she had every confidence that I would get a good and even possibly an outstanding in my in inspection. So, all good there.

Today I got an email with several attachments which we discussed, but no mention on whether or not I am able to offer the 3 yr funding. But what has confused me is the last part of her email

"I have asked xxxxx xxxxxxx/xxx xxxxxxxx to send you the 2yr old paperwork so that you are able to offer 2yr old funding"

I am confused, does this mean I CAN offer 2 yr funding. even though I have only every had 1 inspection that was satisfactory. I will call her tomorrow, but would wanted to get others opinions/advice

When you are able to offer funding, do you get anything like confirmation or anything liket that? How does it work re, funding forms etc?

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaReed84 View Post
    I had my DO come to visit yesterday as I had enquired about offering 2 and 3 yr funding. She said that I would need a Good on my next inspection (due any day) to be able to offer the 2 yr funding.

She had a look through all my paperwork, and advised on a couple of minor things to amend, but said that generally my paperwork was spot on. She also gave me some advice about my resources and how to organise and said she had every confidence that I would get a good and even possibly an outstanding in my in inspection. So, all good there.

Today I got an email with several attachments which we discussed, but no mention on whether or not I am able to offer the 3 yr funding. But what has confused me is the last part of her email

"I have asked xxxxx xxxxxxx/xxx xxxxxxxx to send you the 2yr old paperwork so that you are able to offer 2yr old funding"

I am confused, does this mean I CAN offer 2 yr funding. even though I have only every had 1 inspection that was satisfactory. I will call her tomorrow, but would wanted to get others opinions/advice

When you are able to offer funding, do you get anything like confirmation or anything liket that? How does it work re, funding forms etc?
    Your grade of Satisfactory was awarded a while back before Ofsted turned it into Requires Improvement...you did pass your inspection so try to argue this with your DO if you are really wanting to do funding

Many LA allow CMs who have less than Good to draw funding if they have evidence the CM is improving practice...they often offer support.
    it also sounds as if your DO is saying you will achieve above that grade.

Read the DfE Guidance to LA especially pp10 to 11 and look at A3.3 and A3.9 in particular

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...dance_2014.pdf

Hope it helps