Bringing toys to the setting

Hybrid View

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toddlers896 View Post
    . Maybe ime too strict but that's the rules in my home ime afraid. It's to last me many years lol x
    That's the key to it - your house, your rules

I think we all have different things that bug us, but maybe don't bother other childminders. I really don't mind children bringing toys from home, even bikes & prams. I don't mind if parents don't send sun cream, sun hats or coats (I have spares) and I don't mind if parents drop the children off with me then go back home to bed (all things I've seen others complain about).
    But I do dislike parents arriving early to drop their children off (even 2 minutes early annoys me) and I know that doesn't worry a lot of people.

We all have our own niggles and need to stick to our own rules

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The buggies would be a no no with me too. I have a no shoes policy so why would I want a pushchair in my house which has been used outside too? It's the little toys that annoy me too as they can easily get lost. I remember spending ages looking for a little lego toy once and then my family ended up eating a very late dinner because of it. I did it because the dad was quite grumpy with me because I hadn't sent it home the night before. Now that I have more experience I hope I would be firmer in those situations...

Post Thanks / Like

Hi I advise my parents not to being any big toys like buggies as I have them or anything expensive also bring them is at their own risk I will not be held responsible for anything that gets lost or broken.

I too hate parents who think its ok to drop off early and pick up late and then get surprised when I charge them.

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind children bringing toys in BUT it annoys me when parents ring at night to ask where it is and then pop over to collect it even though their little one is coming the next day! Grrr....