Likes Likes:  30
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is there an Agency in your Area?

Just as the title says really.

I'm in Berkshire and I am not aware of any here either existing or proposed ones.

Just, as today is the day they are supposed to be coming in I was wondering what's happening in your areas.

I not after a pro/against agency debate just was curious what's around.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing at all in my area. There's never been any talk of agencies here, so it'll be interesting to see if any pop up now. Can't see it happening, but it'll be interesting to watch where they do start to appear.

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes - its called My Agency and there is only one Childminder on the Books (ME) and one person running the agency (that'll be ME again) - I'm happy with the situation and have no intention of changing it

Other than that I have not heard of any other agency setting up
    Celest

4. Likes Smiley, Jayse74, mum67, hectors house liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not heard there is one round by us

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

None near me either and not heard of any being proposed.

My goodness Mrs Truss must be reeling in her amazing success!!

7. Likes Mouse, Ripeberry, Heaven Scent, Smiley, mum67 liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post

My goodness Mrs Truss must be reeling in her amazing success!!
    Or be extremely relieved she got out before D-Day!

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing here either. Went to a LA meeting a while ago and they had no info about one in this area

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We have one here - Trio childcare connections - offering bronze, silver and gold memberships that give support to independent childinders with training right through to full membership when everything is available.

Look here for a bit of information : https://training.triochildcare.co.uk/membership-info
    Last edited by Chatterbox Childcare; 01-09-2014 at 02:12 PM. Reason: wrong link
    Debbie

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Im fairly close to @homechildcare , they were a nanny agency originally , and offered training for childminders ( level 2,3 , first aid) - but have now also become a cm agency.
    I don't know anyone at all who is even interested in joining.
    In fact when I had my inspection in August the inspector said she had never come across a cm who was intending to join one.

12. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Shared by Pacey today : makes interesting reading - December !

Ofsted have now released their childminder agency handbook<http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/news/childminder-agency-handbook-published-today>, with information on how to register an agency and very late on Friday the DfE published their promised guidance for agencies Ofsted | Childminder agency handbook published today . So we can now start to finalise the information our members need if they are considering joining an agency (if and when one opens in their local area). Ofsted makes clear that the registration process will be lengthy, with any agency applying to register on September 1 only likely to be up and running just before Christmas.
    Debbie

Simona Guest

Has anyone in East Sussex come across Total Childcare Services Ltd?...they are preparing to be an agency and are featured in the October EYE issue and fully endorsed by 4Children Sue Robb

Childminding : Total Childcare Services

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post
    We have one here - Trio childcare connections - offering bronze, silver and gold memberships that give support to independent childinders with training right through to full membership when everything is available.

Look here for a bit of information : https://training.triochildcare.co.uk/membership-info
    So they aren't offering any more to their 'Gold' members than Pacey already offer their members at the mid price and offer it to Independent Childminders! Once you pay anything to the Agency for a Package and membership you loose your Independence and inspection.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Has anyone in East Sussex come across Total Childcare Services Ltd?...they are preparing to be an agency and are featured in the October EYE issue and fully endorsed by 4Children Sue Robb

Childminding : Total Childcare Services
    Yes I have they are a Husband and Wife Team who used to be Police Officers who had difficulty getting childcare to cover their shifts.

They are building a big Nursery and are really emphasizing outdoor play. They want to Employ Nannies and Childminders (yes that is right Employ cm) to cover 24/7 childcare for parents. If the Employed Nannies and childminders don't have any children to care for in a day they will be expected to work in the Nursery.

For Childminders who do have children in their homes an Expense Allowance will be paid to cover expenses and equipment will be loaned recognising that an Employed Childminder would no longer be able to file a Self Employment Tax Return and offset Expenses.

They have suggested that the more qualified and experienced Childminders will be paid more.

They will dictate working hours and that includes late evenings, overnight, and weekends so goodness knows what a childminder would do with their children if they had any.

There was a local meeting last week and one childminder with two under 8s of her own asked what would happen and they said they wouldn't employ her!!

Apparent the owners did not provide any refreshments. He was asked many questions by the childminders present and went away reeling and in their words 'with a very great deal to think about!'. They said it was clear he did not fully understand how childminding works or how highly qualified many of us are.

They are now waiting to see what happens next. All this was on Face Book and I know you are not on Face Book.

17. Likes mum67, Jayse74, hectors house liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

He was asked many questions by the childminders present and went away reeling and in their words 'with a very great deal to think about!'. They said it was clear he did not fully understand how childminding works or how highly qualified many of us are.

They are now waiting to see what happens next. All this was on Face Book and I know you are not on Face Book.
    This is what I find most worrying, that people with no experience at all of childminding can set up an agency. How on earth is that going to benefit anyone?

19. Likes Jayse74, mum67, rickysmiths liked this post
    Simona Guest

Thanks for sharing that RS as I am not on FB

In the EYE article it says the wife is still working as a police officer
    Their website states that they have just employed a teacher for their agency...so that is how they will pass the knowledge test on EYFS while they have none!
    It would be good if that cm who attended the meeting would write to EYE

They are on twitter too @TCSChildcare...so following them now

The Ofsted handbook also say it will take 16 weeks to register (p21)....so December is the likely date an agency will be up and running

Plenty of time to spoil their Christmas

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Play Assistant
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    This is what I find most worrying, that people with no experience at all of childminding can set up an agency. How on earth is that going to benefit anyone?
    Nothing surprises me at all now! I just hope that common sense will prevail. Seems like Alice in wonderland runs the country these days lol.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Play Assistant
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Thanks for sharing that RS as I am not on FB

In the EYE article it says the wife is still working as a police officer
    Their website states that they have just employed a teacher for their agency...so that is how they will pass the knowledge test on EYFS while they have none!
    It would be good if that cm who attended the meeting would write to EYE

They are on twitter too @TCSChildcare...so following them now

The Ofsted handbook also say it will take 16 weeks to register (p21)....so December is the likely date an agency will be up and running

Plenty of time to spoil their Christmas
    Anyone remember the fuss back in 2011 when two friends got told off for un-regged childminding, then turned out they were police officers! I wonder if they are the same people?
    EDIT: I need to read the EYE article.

23. Likes mum67 liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Play Assistant
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I have they are a Husband and Wife Team who used to be Police Officers who had difficulty getting childcare to cover their shifts.

They are building a big Nursery and are really emphasizing outdoor play. They want to Employ Nannies and Childminders (yes that is right Employ cm) to cover 24/7 childcare for parents. If the Employed Nannies and childminders don't have any children to care for in a day they will be expected to work in the Nursery.

For Childminders who do have children in their homes an Expense Allowance will be paid to cover expenses and equipment will be loaned recognising that an Employed Childminder would no longer be able to file a Self Employment Tax Return and offset Expenses.

They have suggested that the more qualified and experienced Childminders will be paid more.

They will dictate working hours and that includes late evenings, overnight, and weekends so goodness knows what a childminder would do with their children if they had any.

There was a local meeting last week and one childminder with two under 8s of her own asked what would happen and they said they wouldn't employ her!!

Apparent the owners did not provide any refreshments. He was asked many questions by the childminders present and went away reeling and in their words 'with a very great deal to think about!'. They said it was clear he did not fully understand how childminding works or how highly qualified many of us are.

Well where we live! Our local Authority granted permission for a new Nursery able to offer 140spaces! This will be on an industrial estate in an old office block. I am unsure the exact details but it may have links to a haulage company branching into childcare? I doubt this is an agency but 140spaces is HUGE compared to all the other Nursery settings already established in the same area and around the city.

Makes me wonder, how can anybody think that amount is ok? I thought the ratio fuss back along was bad enough.

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Well there's one golden rule broken already by them - discrimination against a person for having children - even though the business they are about to set up is for childcare and they came into for reasons of not finding the right childcare for their own children when working as a pair of boobies - sorry bobbies - no I did mean boobies because that's what they sound like.
    They then precede to say we wouldn't hire you if you had children of your own to think of- they should be disqualified before they start the pair of nutters.

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jayse74 View Post
    Anyone remember the fuss back in 2011 when two friends got told off for un-regged childminding, then turned out they were police officers! I wonder if they are the same people?
    EDIT: I need to read the EYE article.
    sounds like the nutters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast