Dear All Childminders! A question about Job Satisfaction?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Non childminder member
    Student
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Dear All Childminders! A question about Job Satisfaction?

Hello All!

I am here as a student to hopefully ask some questions if you don't mind, the aim of me doing this is because I have chosen childminding as one of my topics for coursework in college and have created this post to get some information to benefit me when writing it

The first thing I would like to ask is what is satisfying about childminding? It can be anything, I've thought of the obvious ones such as watching a child grow up and learn while you care for it but any others would be really beneficial!

Thankyou so much :

Registered Childminder since
    mar 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default job satisfaction

I love being a childminder as i watch their confidence develop and grow their own personality shines as they flourish ..its satisfying to watch them learn what you have taught them and what they teach you too ..its good to watch them learning to share take turns all skills we think everyone has but sadly not so ..they make some amazing friendships with each other too .. its great knowing you have had input into them becoming independent ,happy , and sociable .

Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstainding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Hi,

I have been working in local nurseries for the last year, but am now returning to CM. This is due to job satisfaction. I know it is extremely hard work, staying on top of all aspects of paperwork and legislation - but I also know that I am able to provide the very best for the children in my care when I am childminding. I am able to tailor activities and structure of the day to account for their individuality. It has been extremely upsetting to see that not all children are able to cope in a nursery environment - and little is done the help them other than 'conform' to the Nursery way.

I do now see that CM is my career ... and am releived and glad that I have made the decision.
    Good luck with your studies.
    Nx
    Making the leap & returning to childminding - it's what I know & love

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I love childminding and being a childminder.

Being a part of a child and a families life, watching them grow and develop into the amazing people that they are. I love having time for all the individual children and tailoring the activities to suit the child. I love not being stuck in one place, but being able to get out and about exploring this wonderful world. Seeing things through a childs eyes is magical ... like when they see ducklings, or we watch a ladybird, or follow a snail across a path. I love doing all the crafty/messy play and where else could I spend all day playing with paint/glitter & playdough!

I also love being my own boss and deciding what I am doing and when and how. I love that I am at home for my own children, who, as they grow up, need me as much as when they were little, and I can be there for them, take them to school/activities, watch school events. I am part of the local community, and ( good or bad! ) everyone knows me and all 'my' children.

good luck with your studies x