I am very worried about social services turning a blind eye because they do not have funding to support an aggressive out of control 13 y o (whose sibling comes to my setting)
I am trying to support the single mum with advice and have been for a few years now.
The son has been excluded from a special school now due to his behaviour. The psychologist has said that he must not return home (after a brief spell at a foster carers) because he is a danger to the family and himself (climbs onto roof and threatens to jump off, lay down in the road at night and other dangerous behaviour) However the social services have said there is no money for continued foster care and she must work on her relationship with him as it is his fault he is so messed up (nb the other siblings are all lovely )
He is now back at home and she spends her whole time sitting between him and the other younger ones to protect them. Yesterday he attacked one of them. He has been reported to the police and arrested by them constantly but sent back to her each time. Yesterday he was arrested too but then sent back today.
I feel we are waiting for something awful to happen. She is not coping and it seems social services are ignoring it. (They told her last week it was normal 13 y o behaviour)
Is there anywhere I can advise her to appeal other than Soc services and police?