Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can i do this?

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If my own child was sick & her dad couldn't have her I would close anyway & if there was any other reason her dad couldn't have her I would hopefully know this well in advance so I would have no choice but to tell the mum in question that I wasn't able to have both Los on this particular date. I am in the process of writing up thorough RAs & trying to think of every possibility. I have a relative that is willing to help me out & she was going to apply for a DBS check tomorrow to get her registered as my assistant but not sure how long this process takes? If I've started the process of doing this would she be able to help me out in the mean time or not?

Thank you xx

may 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi before the revised Eyfs I spoke to Ofsted about having 6 under 5's and they said it would be fine with Ras and if I could physically cope. I did have all 6 under 5 although for 2 hours most and did school runs. I coped parents were happy and all children were happy. I don't see a problem if you think you could cope. Make sure all parents know and get permission from them. Good luck. I actually enjoyed it.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello, wondering if anyone can help me please? A relative who is willing to help me out every now and then is going to apply for a DBS check so I can register her as my assistant but obviously this can take some time. Can she still help me out in the mean time until everything is sorted or do I need to wait for the DBS check & the letter from ofsted first?

Thanks

Kirsty x

may 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes they can start as soon as the ey2 has been filled and sent but they can't be left without approval and first aid x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12