Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Starting point

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 14
    Non childminder member
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Starting point

Today is my 2 nd day of my 1st child, now what is the proper way of writing this all down or is it just tracking on the eyo , want to it right but find mixed story's , I haven't wrote in the child's notes yet, just made my own, in September she is going nursery 1st I will pick her at dinner till 6pm 3 days week, so through I do my starting points now in the holidays but not sure where to start..

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

sarah 707 does a wonderful e-book on starting points on her Knutsford childminding page .
    I have just written down about 5 or 6 sentences of where the child is in relation to each of the 3 prime areas as my starting points , based on both the information I already have from parents and what I have observed over the first few days. Then that gives me somewhere to start with my next steps , and from there its a constant cycle of obs , next steps , planning , obs...with added ongoing input from parents added in.

June86
    Post Thanks / Like

Did mum fill out an all about me form (or something similar) these tell you what the child does at home then use your observations of the child along with what mum told you to do a base line assessment on the EYFS progress tracker, use this and your observations to plan next steps. What age is child, if 2yrs do the 2yr check and use this as your starting points l use a very similar form for all ages on entry. As child is going to Nursery in Sept you are not going to be able to do very much to share with them but when she does start share what you know and try and find out what they will be doing each week so you can work alongside on the same things.

Mar 14
    Non childminder member
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

The mum didn't put much, I gave her ideas , all I got she likes everything and nothing she doesn't like, but found out on 1st day she doesn't like cheese lol, but I found she can count to 10 doesn't know all her colours, she loves arts and crafts, and role play, doesn't like to share, but my 20 months old doesn't but all new to her having someone play with her toys, she is 3 years,