Day out to the fair
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    june 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Day out to the fair

Just been looking at some options for the school holiday as will have a 10 and 12 year old. I have found a place with rides etc , you buy a wrist band for 12.50 and go on whatever you want. Some of the activities though ie a lazer game would involve me not being able to see the children. They are sensible but i am thinking should i need to go on it with them as i dont feel comfortable not being able to see them. Just wondered peoples opinions . Thanks

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think it will come down to you and your confidence in the children, plus parental permission.

personally, I wouldn't let them go in laser type games, as you can't see them, they can't see you, and you don't know who else is in there. ( but if you don't have LOs ... then it might be fun to go in with them! )

we go to local theme park as have season tickets, and I do let my own children ( 9 &12 ) go on rides without me, but I am usually watching or they have a time limit to be back ( or to phone me! ). I wouldn't take minded children who were old enough/big enough to go on big rides without me! as I couldn't go on and leave LOs at the side, and I just wouldn't be comfortable letting them go on alone. sometimes I don't want to let my own go on their own, they have to go together!

good luck x