Safeguarding tags when out and about....
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Safeguarding tags when out and about....

Hi, just wondering what you guys use for safeguarding tags when out and about. Another minder showed me a brill idea that she has done of a childs photo laminated to fit onto key ring size and on the back has the emergency contact details if the mindee should get lost/something happen to minder. What other ideas does everyone else have?

Registered Childminder since
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

that sounds good. I use wrist bands with I may be lost, please call ... and my name and number

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

We were told on safeguarding course not to have child's name on tag/jacket just the childminder name and number.
    I like the wrist band idea, might try and make some of those. Ive seen a local cm with mindees in high vis vests and her mobile number written on back in marker, simple but very effective

jan 85
    Post Thanks / Like

If we're at our local park - small village, everyone knows everyone else, rare to see a stranger, - I don't do anything as they're never out of sight, it's completely impossible!.

If we go to the bigger Town etc or somewhere where you may lose sight of them in the crowd then they wear a high vis vest with "I'm with my Childminder" on it and my mobile number.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Wrist bands are good.I also use a badge like thing I made and put it on they're clothing.I'm not one that likes to display 'I'm a childminder in big letters' so like smaller things like wrist bands with a number on.You can also use a keyring with your number on and put the ring part through a button hole.

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We have keyrings with our details on them for the children - and we carry names and contact details on our business cards, threaded onto a keyring

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I also have a keyring. It has laminated contacts for children with their details on and a sort of front sheet that says I'm a childminder and the attached details are of children with me today along with my dp number. I change the bits to which ever child I have that day and attach the keyring to me somewhere

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The children wear fluorescent wrist bands with my number on and the fact that they are with their childminder.

I Carry a tiny photo album in which i have a photo of the child and a copy of their info form with all their parents and emergency contacts on and the days and hours they are normally with me. In the front are my emergency contact details and when my children were at school it had their schools phone numbers.

I just carry the book in my bag, in the pocket on the buggy or in my pocket, the older children know I have it as well and I keep all the infor in it all the time so I don't forget anyone, I know i would if I had to take people off and add them to a key ring lol!