Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default cutting back hours

Due to a personal reason I am looking at cutting back my hours to part-time only.
    I have looked after one family for the past 3 years full time, how can I word a notice letter to her stating that I am unable to work mornings for the time being and will be unable to care for her children

June86
    Post Thanks / Like

Having had the child/ren for that long l would tell them face to face explaining that for personal reasons which you can't go into you have decided that you must cut back on your work and will only be working in the afternoons from x date, then follow it up with a letter as per our conversation l am giving notice as from xx my last day with the children will be xx.

Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

It might help to smooth the way if you can suggest some alternatives to her, eg can the children go to breakfast club at school or another cm in mind? Otherwise she may have no choice but to leave you altogether. Of could you cut down in another way, by taking one or two days off completely but working the others?
    Hope you get it sorted out.