Registered Childminder since
    Reg 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Spaces

Hi

I normally have two children a day under five but their ages have always been 12ish months and then a 2/3/4 year old, who can be more independent

Now July the 4 year is leaving and main one is dropping hours as mum is pregnant, so need to fill space and have had
    visit from a mum wanting her 10 month old to join me too for three days a week. Which would mean most days 13 month, 10 month and two year old. Now, visit was fine but now I'm having doubts-could I cope with the two young ones.what if they cry at same time, need sleep at same time etc. am I just being daft,do you all fill all your spaces every day? Also how would I do school run which is a mile walk from me and mile back. The two year old won't walk!

Double buggy- 13 and 10 month old
    Walk - 6 year old and 5 year old
    2 year old??

As they won't all fit in my car, then hassle of buggy in buggy out etc!!

Don't want to say no because of a morning school run as two year old leaves at 2.30!!

Ideas?

Thank you

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I prefer toddlers but that's just me !
    Triple buggy ??
    Only you know if you could handle it - I choose to work Saturdays as I don't want 3 under 5s in the week, but most Childminders wouldn't want to work Sats- but it suits me x
    Good luck ! ( and if you do decide to do it you could do it on a 2 week trial period so you have the option of seeing how it is working until you fully commit) xxxx

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Only you can really decide if you can cope with those ages of children. I have an 11 month old, 14 month old and 21 month old on a Wednesday and I cope fine. I use a double buggy and a back carrier and they tend to sleep at the same time. I will soon have a 12 month old and 10 month old on a Thursday but I am confident it will be fine. Everytime a new child starts you should risk assess your day and whether you can confidently cope, if not, you should reconsider not taking the child on.

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

would a buggy board help for yo then may be she/he could walk/ride on the way back and get used to walking a bit more with the idea of ditching the board altogether in the end

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Reg 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks, my main concern is the walk to school. As don't want a triple buggy. A sling could work, but do I want to trudge in all weathers like that? Ah, really need to think. Just don't want to turn it down, . Ah, yeah a buggy board might work, I have a grace stadium double... Wonder if a board would fit on there?

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I normally have 2 in pram and 1 on buggy board

The youngest I had was 9 months, 12 months and 2

It was hard work but very rewarding, once routine set my days flew by!!

I also walk for school run. Not sure on your pram but if you goggle you can find it I'm sure

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

This website will tell you if a buggy board can be attached to the pram you have xx

Homepage | BuggyBoard.info

Reg 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

Thanks for all your replies, I decided that I would purchase a buggy board and would say I would be happy to do it, then current parent asked to up her hours, so decision taken from my hands.

Have told the new person, that if space does come up then I will let her know, as after debating it, I think I would be fine, but now after all that! You never know what will happen next in this role! All good, but now buggy board in the post! Oh well, will keep it for the future.

Thanks for the replies and help.

K

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

If you find that the buggy board isn't working out it may be a idea to use a structured carrier for the youngest, you can hire them from a local sling library usually if you wanted to try it out before buying

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wee_elf View Post
    If you find that the buggy board isn't working out it may be a idea to use a structured carrier for the youngest, you can hire them from a local sling library usually if you wanted to try it out before buying
    Great Idea! will have to see if we have one this way...

13. Likes wee_elf liked this post