Late payment -new parents
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Late payment -new parents

Hi

I started minding a child 2 weeks ago & at first parents tried to pay the day they first brought him to me but I insisted on payment when signing the contracts.

Last week they paid fine but yesterday said it will be transferred into my bank at some point yesterday-still nothing even following a message reminding them.

I am going to chase again tomorrow & have already decided I will not accept child Monday if not paid. I don't want to seem harsh but don't want this to become a habit & them think I will just take it - I have bills to pay!!

Just wondered if you agreed or if you think I'm being harsh?!

Thanks in anticipation

X

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

I am in oar, good for you, you should be paid on time, every time otherwise you are quite within your rights to with hold care. No question.

However, I would make the parents aware of this, there may be a legitimate reason why they havn't paid you although imo there isn't really any reason good enough to not pay you, so when you find out what it is, let us know and it will give us all a good laugh and it's probably nothing we havn't already heard before:

I am so sorry I forgot or probably just I forgot
    The bank didn't transfer
    I lost the bill
    My account has been hacked
    I've paid, havn't you got it?
    bla de bla de blah...... ..........

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post
    I am in oar, good for you, you should be paid on time, every time otherwise you are quite within your rights to with hold care. No question. However, I would make the parents aware of this, there may be a legitimate reason why they havn't paid you although imo there isn't really any reason good enough to not pay you, so when you find out what it is, let us know and it will give us all a good laugh and it's probably nothing we havn't already heard before: I am so sorry I forgot or probably just I forgot The bank didn't transfer I lost the bill My account has been hacked I've paid, havn't you got it? bla de bla de blah...... ..........
    The dog ate my cheque book, I was abducted by aliens....

4. Likes Koala liked this post
    Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I did hear someone had a parent try to pay but the ATM was stolen. I felt that one was a good excuse.

6. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clareelizabeth1 View Post
    I did hear someone had a parent try to pay but the ATM was stolen. I felt that one was a good excuse.
    That was me and no joke it was true... she arrived back before I closed to pay me lol
    Tess1981

8. Likes caz3007 liked this post
    Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I have got one.....I drew out £200 and lo was playing with my purse, turned my living room upside down but think lo must have posted it out my letterbox and someone picked it up

10. Likes tulip0803 liked this post
    Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caz3007 View Post
    I have got one.....I drew out £200 and lo was playing with my purse, turned my living room upside down but think lo must have posted it out my letterbox and someone picked it up
    And of course they thought you might not want paying for childcare and you wouldn't expect payment because of this.

12. Likes caz3007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys-these did make me smile

Simona Guest

Useful guidance on late payments by the Federation of Small Businesses...worth reading especially page 5.

http://www.fsb.org.uk/policy/rpu/lon...uly%202011.pdf