Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Having Time off and Not Going Away.

Anybody else find that some families can't seem to understand you taking a week or two off but not actually going away on Holiday?

A Grandparent was surprised to see me at The Park yesterday as they thought they had been draughted in as I was away so wondered why I was there; and in the past I've had parents say that as we aren't going away they are happy to send their child if I don't now need the time off.

I like my job and I'm lucky to have lovely children and families at the moment, but even though we can't afford a holiday at the moment I and my family need a break. Yes their children are a pleasure to have and one or two are like one of the family but the fact is they are not and it's nice to get up late, not rush to get dressed, not be so hands on at the park, have a glass of wine when out at lunchtime, leave the Lego out etc.

I think that some families seem to think that as I work in my own home I should only need time off to actually go away.

2. Likes Maza, AliceK liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

it will always be a strange concept to some. I quite enjoy having just an hour to myself some days and beg OH to take DS out on a saturday. I dont do too well if its longer than a couple of days though as I'm so used to being busy lol. Weird I know x

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

funny isn't it!
    I had day off the other day and took my own 2 kids to school, one of the parents I normally meet up there to collect her little one just kind of glared at me as if to say why are you here if you can't have my child?!
    Having said that I took day off the other day for an appointment and I'd said to parent don't think I will be back in time for school pick-up so can't have your child. as it turned out i was back in time but I still let my OH pick children up because I didn't want her to think badly of me if that makes sense?

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a day off on Friday. Just happens the way the children were booked in this week. I am so looking forward to getting up late.

We work extremely hard and deserve our down time.