Holidays at same time as parents
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    toddlers896 Guest

Default Holidays at same time as parents

All my children are on holiday during one of the Easter weeks so I have decided that as I have no kids I will go to my families in Scotland for a week. I charge my customers half for taking a holiday but don't charge them for my holidays. Is it right that I charge them even though I will be away. My business head is telling me to charge the normal fee as they booked first but I feel guilty charging when ime not going to be here. What would you do?

Registered Childminder since
    sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I would still charge. But the problem is if one of them changes there mind technically you would have to cancel your plans

toddlers896 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by munch149 View Post
    I would still charge. But the problem is if one of them changes there mind technically you would have to cancel your plans
    yes that's my thoughts too so really I should tell everybody I am closing therefore I cant charge them

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I would charge and go on holiday but be prepared for a family changing their mind. You can't just sit in the house when you have a week off
    Tess1981

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I would charge - they booked it first and you're only going away because it happens that you have no children. Enjoy your time off and don't feel bad about it - you're doing nothing wrong!

Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

If you charge surely you should be available so might be a problem if you're in Scotland? Bit of a tricky one but I wouldn't charge and then enjoy my holiday!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If they have all already said they will be off I would charge. My parents know that if they book time off they can't change their mind if there's less than 2 weeks to go. They know that if they are off I am free to make other arrangements, but still charge.

8. Likes FussyElmo, Maza, rickysmiths, Goatgirl, Polly2 liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    If they have all already said they will be off I would charge. My parents know that if they book time off they can't change their mind if there's less than 2 weeks to go. They know that if they are off I am free to make other arrangements, but still charge.
    I do exactly the same
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd charge and go away. My parents know that I require 4 weeks notice of any change to dates so seeing as Easter holidays are less than 4 weeks I wouldn't accept any changes now.

11. Likes Maza, rickysmiths liked this post
    toddlers896 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kellib View Post
    I'd charge and go away. My parents know that I require 4 weeks notice of any change to dates so seeing as Easter holidays are less than 4 weeks I wouldn't accept any changes now.
    Thanks, I feel better now. One of my term time only parents asked me today if I could do a day during that week that ime away and I felt bad saying no. She doesn't pay me for school holidays and it would be overtime but I still felt bad as I feel I should be staying open due to charging others but like you guys have said we can't Sit at home all day if we have no kids booked in.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

jeepers don't worry at all! My families know the score - bless them, if they book a holiday they tell me as soon as they have and then tell me to go and book something too, and vice versa - you win some you lose some! x

14. Likes N/A liked this post
    toddlers896 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    jeepers don't worry at all! My families know the score - bless them, if they book a holiday they tell me as soon as they have and then tell me to go and book something too, and vice versa - you win some you lose some! x
    Hey maza, great advice. Ime a born worrier. I analyse everything lol. Your right you win some you loose some and they booked first so ime taking advantage of an extra weeks holiday xx

16. Likes Maza liked this post
    sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toddlers896 View Post

Hey maza, great advice. Ime a born worrier. I analyse everything lol. Your right you win some you loose some and they booked first so ime taking advantage of an extra weeks holiday xx
    That's more like it!!!!
    Tess1981

nov 02
    Post Thanks / Like

same as everybody else! they booked first so i would charge and enjoy your beak!