Ever actually get truthful feedback?!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ever actually get truthful feedback?!

So I have seen a few people lately about a space I have coming up, it's not for a while yet so am in no hurry but haven't had any luck , not sure what I am doing wrong as usually I have quite a high success rate. Saw a lovely couple last week who I felt we really clicked with, eventually after no contact I emailed to ask did she want the space and she said no thank you her mum was taking little one. Fine except today I see an advert by her! Definitely her, used her real name. If I was to contact her and ask her why she didn't go with me, do you think she would tell me?! Does anyone ever ask and get the truth?!!

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone?!!!!

Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphf View Post
    So I have seen a few people lately about a space I have coming up, it's not for a while yet so am in no hurry but haven't had any luck , not sure what I am doing wrong as usually I have quite a high success rate. Saw a lovely couple last week who I felt we really clicked with, eventually after no contact I emailed to ask did she want the space and she said no thank you her mum was taking little one. Fine except today I see an advert by her! Definitely her, used her real name. If I was to contact her and ask her why she didn't go with me, do you think she would tell me?! Does anyone ever ask and get the truth?!!
    I wouldn't bother chasing if I were you. You probably won't get the truth because if the parent can't tell you in the first place then I don't think they will now. Why can't they understand that it's best to say 'thank you for seeing me but I'm going with someone else/nursery/mil/sil/etc. They probably feel too embarrassed but I for one would rather be told no thank you rather than left hanging. Sometimes I feel really mean and hope they come back when I've already filled the space as they took too long!!!

4. Likes hectors house, loocyloo liked this post
    sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris goodyear View Post

I wouldn't bother chasing if I were you. You probably won't get the truth because if the parent can't tell you in the first place then I don't think they will now. Why can't they understand that it's best to say 'thank you for seeing me but I'm going with someone else/nursery/mil/sil/etc. They probably feel too embarrassed but I for one would rather be told no thank you rather than left hanging. Sometimes I feel really mean and hope they come back when I've already filled the space as they took too long!!!
    I agree.... just put it behind you and forget about it
    Tess1981

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I had someone not come with me as they didn't want their child walking along a busy road ( on a pavement, with a wide grass verge between the pavement and the road ) they went with a childminder who lived on a busy estate with NO pavements who allowed the children to run on ahead!

I also had someone who didn't come because they said I was too expensive. the childminder they chose was cheaper for an hourly price, but charged extra for this, that & the other!

Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had quite a few over the years come and look, act quite keen, and then put the child with a relative (usually grandma). The trouble is, I have also heard that some of these arrangements break down quite quickly when Grandma suddenly realises that she can't go and make an appointment or take a holiday whenever suits her, or that a baby or toddler is harder work than she remembers.. and yes, I have once or twice been quite pleased to say no, you are too late when people have come back!

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I think sometimes parents don't want to put their child with a person just because of no reason really, just didn't feel right and it's hard to say that to a person.

Try not to take it personal,better to not have them come to you and be a pain becaus ethyl do t feel comfortable.

dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris goodyear View Post
    I agree!! I wouldn't bother chasing them either

May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Def don't bother chasing

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I get responses, but without administering the scopolamine how do I know if I get the truth?

They usually try to be nice about it and say nothing wrong with my setting, and cite some external reason: eg. just a little far to travel and they found an alternative right on their doorstep. I personally find this infuriating and am now thinking parents would rather leave lo's with King Herod (if he lived in the next street) than drive 5 minutes to a decent CM.

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

What is the point? It would make you look desperate. Hope you find someone else soon
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys!!! Would
    Just love to know am nosey!! Annoying when you feel like you click with someone , ah well
    Onwards and upwards

14. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 13
    Non childminder member
    PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

More often than not, it's to do with ££££. Maybe she secretely thinks you're too expensive and is trying her best to get someone cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE="unalindura77;1351966"]More often than not, it's to do with ££££. Maybe she secretely thinks you're too expensive and is trying her best to get someone cheaper.[/QUOT

Could be,
    Funny enough I wondered if I had over quoted cos I was trying to put up my hourly rate by 25c to help cover some of my unpaid time off and I thought maybe this is what put people off so I quoted her the usual! Oh no I didn't I have just remembered I did quote her the higher rate., that will be it then!!

Post Thanks / Like

Still it's only a tenner a week
    More than what I was charging and is the average round here ., still it all
    Makes a difference doesn't it!