Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Not sure what to do

At the moment I work with my assistant on a Thursday & Friday and we have 6 eyfs children between us. One of the mums is on maternity leave at the moment but I still have lo one & a half days a week. The original plan was when mum goes back to work in August/September i would have new baby & older sibling would change to a holiday contract only as he was starting pre school in September. That was all going to work fine as I have a few term time only contracts but mam has now found out that pre school don't have a space for lo until January. She has asked if I could have both children on a Thursday & Friday from August until January but this would mean me & my assistant would have 7 eyfs between us. Are we allowed to do this under continuity of care or not?

Thanks.

Kirsty

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you will, it might be different because I'm CSSIW registered, but when I wanted to have 2 siblings there would an overlap where I'd have 7 children for 1/2 hour max and it was still not allowed, not just CSSIW but council regulations too x

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your reply! Does anyone know if this is the case with ofsted too?

Thanks

Kirsty x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We looked into this and if you go over 6 you need planning permission - this will explain more -

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...ermission.html

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the link! So if I had planning permission it would be ok with ofsted as continuity of care?

Thanks x

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If you were separate childminders who just choose to work from one address, then under continuity of care (siblings) one of you would be allowed 4 and the other remain with 3 - so I guess that it would be you as the childminder who would have 4 and your assistant have 3, providing you have enough floor space and providing that you can get planning permission as Sarah707 has said.