Children's TV
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Children's TV

Post Thanks / Like

Default Children's TV

Oh my days! How I hate cbeebies!! What ever happened to cartoons like scooby doo and Tom & Jerry???

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my word I love CBeebies (within reason) and hate Scooby Doo and Tom and Jerry. I find them pointless, although DD, 5, has recently discovered them and loves them. I find most things on CBeebies very educational. A couple of programmes get on my nerves but I find most things quite endearing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Oh my word I love CBeebies (within reason) and hate Scooby Doo and Tom and Jerry. I find them pointless, although DD, 5, has recently discovered them and loves them. I find most things on CBeebies very educational. A couple of programmes get on my nerves but I find most things quite endearing!
    That's what I hate.. Education education education!

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blueeyedminder View Post

That's what I hate.. Education education education!
    Funny I was thinking this today as well.... sometimes kids need a good laugh
    Tess1981

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blueeyedminder View Post
    Oh my days! How I hate cbeebies!! What ever happened to cartoons like scooby doo and Tom & Jerry???
    Cbbc have scooby doo but last time I caught it it was odd as they kept going on about how their dad never noticed them and nothing was good enough. By the end I was thinking. God just stop wingeing and catch the bad guy already.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I love scoobydoo! We have the originals on dvd and everyone loves them. I like that the baddie is always caught and everything turns out good in the end.
    We've also got wacky races on dvd and mindees love that too.

We've started watching them in other languages! Just choosing from whatever you can choose from the dvd! It's quite funny but we know the stories so good fun. Hopefully some thing is going in!

We don't watch much cbbc ... like Blue Peter and there was a good puzzle solving game programme thing on the other day. ( I used to love raven )
    Don't watch much Cbeebies either but like old jacks boat.

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

would rather have cbeebies than pepper pig, bring back watch with mother used to love the wooden tops and andy pandy (oops showing my age now)
    Cath

8. Likes lynnslittleuns, Mrs Scrubbit, lynncjt liked this post
    Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cathtee View Post
    would rather have cbeebies than pepper pig, bring back watch with mother used to love the wooden tops and andy pandy (oops showing my age now)
    I with you on all of the above especially Watch with Mother and The Wooden Tops ( hence my user name!)......bring back the 'good old days' of black and white tv xx

aug 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

I have only had tv on 3 times in 7 years of minding and that was for a 11 year as she was only mindee on those days she brought her own DVD , just my personal preference we have many activities during the day or we all sit on sofa while I read

11. Likes AliceK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know how I'd cope without tv :O

Aimee McMillan Guest

I watch a variety of kids programmes, from CBBC it is The Story of Tracy Beaker and The Dumping Ground and main ones from CITV, My Parents are Aliens and Horrid Henry lol.

Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I adore cbeebies and I am mourning the fact my own children (aged 5 and 6) are slowly turning towards Channel 5 in the mornings.

PS I have a slight crush on Justin Fletcher (but only when he does Lord Tumble!)
    Life is all about how you handle plan B

15. Likes Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I rarely have it on, but I switched it on in the week and a great programme was on called Melody, it's about a girl, called melody, (surprisingly) and her mom is a musician and they. Listen to different classical pieces of music and have little animations showing, very similar to Fantasia, don't know if anyone has seen that before? I really enjoyed it, and didn't feel like a waste of 15, just good down time xx

Glitter Guest

Thankfully my own children are to old to watch Cbeebies.
    I don't usually watch television with the children, but I do like to watch Young Dracula and Sorry I've got no head.

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleMarie88 View Post
    I rarely have it on, but I switched it on in the week and a great programme was on called Melody, it's about a girl, called melody, (surprisingly) and her mom is a musician and they. Listen to different classical pieces of music and have little animations showing, very similar to Fantasia, don't know if anyone has seen that before? I really enjoyed it, and didn't feel like a waste of 15, just good down time xx
    I've caught that program too. I quite liked it and even got some of the music I've heard played on it to play to the children as we all like a dance and it's really lovely music.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't have T V but love children's radio x

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    I love scoobydoo! We have the originals on dvd and everyone loves them. I like that the baddie is always caught and everything turns out good in the end.
    We've also got wacky races on dvd and mindees love that too.

We've started watching them in other languages! Just choosing from whatever you can choose from the dvd! It's quite funny but we know the stories so good fun. Hopefully some thing is going in!

We don't watch much cbbc ... like Blue Peter and there was a good puzzle solving game programme thing on the other day. ( I used to love raven )
    Don't watch much Cbeebies either but like old jacks boat.
    Watched Old Jack's Boat for the first time last night and no, I didn't like that one! I found the adults really irritating.
    I love Same Smile, Mr Tumble, I Can Cook, Number Jacks, Andy's Dinosaur Adventures, Dinopaws and probably a few others. I HATE 'Me Too' (Granny Murray). Mindee loves Fireman Sam and Postman Pat.

I used to love Play School and Let's Pretend and Button Moon.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tess1981 View Post
    Funny I was thinking this today as well.... sometimes kids need a good laugh
    I was talking about me - I've learnt a lot from watching CBeebies!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My own children are older so I rarely watch children's tv. I did watch Peppa Pig recently and couldn't believe what a whinging, spoilt brat she was. Not a good role model at all with her 'I want, I want, I want' and 'that's not fair' attitude

nov 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleMarie88 View Post
    My ds and mindee love this and talk to me about what the see x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast