Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ratio

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

It'll be interesting to hear what an inspector actually says when questioned, rather than the ofsted call centre... Although I'd still want it in writing to cover myself in case the inspector that does next inspection has a different view. Look forward to an update, good luck!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littletreasure View Post
    hi,

you should be fine to do this,
    i rang ofsted about a similar situation and they wont give a yes or no answer

The only thing i would say is you will need to look at how you will transport 3 that young as i had to buy a triple buggy in the end (not cheap and a nightmare to store and fit in anywhere)
    also you will need to risk assess the extra child and consider whether you can meet all their needs as they are all so young

Whatever you decide to do good luck
    Sorry but why say this when you don't really know (I am assuming this because you said you "should" be fine) and it completely contradicts the EYFS
    Debbie

3. Likes bunyip liked this post
    Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to say I'm sorry for sounding so horrible in my earlier answer. Pretty sure I am the person who has offended you and after reading back what I wrote I can see why!
    The only thing I can say in my defense lol is it was fri night after an very busy week and I had had quite a lot of wine! ! Something you may become familiar with after you start childminding ha ha
    Anyway due to this I did misinterprete you reply saying you were going to try anyway after others had said no and I took this to mean you weren't entirely bothered.
    Clearly I was wrong and I apologise again. It would never be my intention to make anyone think they didn't want to post on here again. I hope Ofsted can help you work this out and you can take on all the children you want to. But if not dont worry there will be plenty more come along! Good luck with it all and I am truly sorry again

dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

A large glass of wine and a big bar of chocolate is needed here, everything seems clearer after a glass of wine and a bar of chocolate. Xxx

Nov '11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nikki thomson View Post
    A large glass of wine and a big bar of chocolate is needed here, everything seems clearer after a glass of wine and a bar of chocolate. Xxx
    It's worrying how reliant we all are on wine!! Lol
    I was concerned there looked like only 2 glasses left in the bottle this evening :/

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

For anyone yet to find it, there is a parallel thread running EYFS 2012: ratios and self variations in which we're debating the wider issue of ratios.

It might be useful to keep the general debate on that other thread, and keep this one for the OP's specific situation. Otherwise it all gets mixed up and general issues can get personalised unnecessarily.

Mar 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I have had my visit.

Everything went fantastic. She was lovely. Said all my paperwork was very thorough, house was fine, equipment looked very good. My experience and knowledge was excellent and that everything looks perfect. So I couldn't be happier.

Ratio issue - I asked. And she said due to my experience and equipment she sees no problem with it due to them being two sets of siblings. She read page 21 and read it out loud to me and said she feels it fits it. She thinks I would be able to care for them and be able to see to all their needs. I have been told to call ofsted and enquire. If they doubt it I can give her name and ask them to call her so she can tell them her views on it. If they allow it I should note it and take their name incase anyone were to report me I can prove I have the permission.

So once my certificate is through I am going to call and again will keep you updated! But it's looking good so far! :-)! Ofsted aren't always the ogres they seem!!

9. Likes shortstuff liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Im so pleased for you, thanks for the feedback

Post Thanks / Like

Yay well done! Clapping clapping xx

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BR23 View Post
    Well I have had my visit.

Everything went fantastic. She was lovely. Said all my paperwork was very thorough, house was fine, equipment looked very good. My experience and knowledge was excellent and that everything looks perfect. So I couldn't be happier.

Ratio issue - I asked. And she said due to my experience and equipment she sees no problem with it due to them being two sets of siblings. She read page 21 and read it out loud to me and said she feels it fits it. She thinks I would be able to care for them and be able to see to all their needs. I have been told to call ofsted and enquire. If they doubt it I can give her name and ask them to call her so she can tell them her views on it. If they allow it I should note it and take their name incase anyone were to report me I can prove I have the permission.

So once my certificate is through I am going to call and again will keep you updated! But it's looking good so far! :-)! Ofsted aren't always the ogres they seem!!
    Well that is a great result...especially the fact she is allowing you to quote her name when you enquire next

Good on you for trying ...glass of wine tonight!

Mar 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! Yes I was really pleased she said she will back me up on it because she's confident I would cope with the situation. And it's only 1 hour once a week until September when the child will be at school! :-) knew it was worth trying for. She was lovely about it all.

Will be celebrating with champagne and a Chinese take away as I can't go out because I've got my 2 yr old cousin staying until Sunday! :-)! X

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic, well done! And thanks for updating on the whole ratio thing, I would of said from p21 it wouldn't be allowed but great if it is, and they really need to clarify it officially to clear up all the confusion.
    Well done again :-)

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BR23 View Post
    Thank you! Yes I was really pleased she said she will back me up on it because she's confident I would cope with the situation. And it's only 1 hour once a week until September when the child will be at school! :-) knew it was worth trying for. She was lovely about it all.

Will be celebrating with champagne and a Chinese take away as I can't go out because I've got my 2 yr old cousin staying until Sunday! :-)! X
    That has also jogged my memory to put 'overlap' as another area to clarify from Ofsted...enjoy your bubbly! cheers

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow that really is great news! Well done you

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123