Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help with coursework assignment

Afternoon everyone,

I'm after some help with my coursework please, I'm not expecting someone to give me the answer just to simplify the question, its probably a really easy question and I probably sound really thick but the second my brain doesn't understand something it seems to go on strike!!

"analyse key social, economic and environmental factors which may influence development"

Thanks in advance x

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lu 2010 View Post
    Afternoon everyone,

I'm after some help with my coursework please, I'm not expecting someone to give me the answer just to simplify the question, its probably a really easy question and I probably sound really thick but the second my brain doesn't understand something it seems to go on strike!!

"analyse key social, economic and environmental factors which may influence development"

Thanks in advance x
    By 'development' you mean child development?

If so then think about each:
    social- family structure, parents ages (very young/old), extended family, family issues (addictions, dependencies, SEN and disabilities) family routines or lack of, childcare situations, siblings or lack of, social interaction opportunities, transitions.
    economic- parents out of work, low incomes, family struggling to afford to buy the basics
    environmental- think about child's environment, their home, resources at home, quality of housing, outdoor spaces

Chose a few scenarios and write about how they could affect a child's development- positive and negative.

June86
    Post Thanks / Like

its asking you how family background factors influence the development of the child, For example, a poor economic situation, such as lack of regular, adequate income within the family , may have implications for child health, stemming from poor access to nutritious foods, health, and medical services; inadequate or unhealthy housing; and poor access to clothing and heating. These factors may, in turn, affect a child’s physical and mental development, and may also affect their wellbeing. also think about family make up, support from extended family, housing issues.

July 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much that's perfect x

JUNE 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Research bronfernbrenner