Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

With regards to insurance I am quite surprised that no one has picked up on the fact that you did not have accidental cover for contents in relation to mindees. On both of my last inspections ofsted did check this plus people from the LA. If push come go shove I would have put it through my books which I do to replace things that have been broken by mindees although not to that sort of costs. I would have taken legal advice re fees but it looks like your sorted there. With regards to child's behaviour yes I would be giving parents notice out of courtesy I would have given four weeks notice but as long as you can get pacey legal team to agree that the child is putting other children at risk of injury you will probably have their backing to be able to terminate with immediate effect.

With regards to the higher cost of house and contents insurance what I do and I was told by hmrc is correct is get a like for like quote excluding the fact that I am a childminder and the accidental damage and I put through the difference in my accounts book as the bottom line is that I would have only been paying the higher premium because I am a childminder. One of those costs that help reduce the tax that I have to pay when I need to do so.
    Last edited by Tazmin68; 19-02-2014 at 07:59 PM.
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.

Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tazmin68 View Post
    With regards to insurance I am quite surprised that no one has picked up on the fact that you did not have accidental cover for contents in relation to mindees. On both of my last inspections ofsted did check this plus people from the LA.
    Having contents insurance with or without accidental damage cover is not a requirement. I'm not sure why the LA or Ofsted would check you had it?

For my twopenneth worth, I think the tv and the fees are separate issues. She has bought you a tv so the matter is now closed. You didn't force her to replace it, she offered and you accepted. The issue of fees I would pursue separately.

That said, ultimately I consider the behaviour of the children in my care to be my responsibility.
    Apologies for the random full stops. Phone buttons too small, thumbs too big.

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought it said on the last page of the pacey contracts something about parents being responsible for damage? Im in bed now so cant check until the morning!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ksharpe View Post
    The parent did offer to pay for tv. But now wants me to put a claim in on my insurance. I'm not claiming off my own insurance when the child did this on purpose.to me that isn't accidental !! Had it been my own child I wouldnt claim.
    I'm certainly not buying a cheap second hand television when we only purchased this one before christmas.
    At 8 years old I would expect the child to know better. And as for her attitude and lack of respect I will not tolerate. It's a bad influence on my other children in my care. If I just wrote tv off what stopping her from doing it again and again. I hard lesson needs to be learnt.
    I'm not saying the 8 year old shouldn't learn a lesson. TBH I still think the cost of replacement is down to us. Honestly, if it were me I'd be giving immediate notice but I still think you need to suck up the cost. As I said if parent offered to pay I'd take the money but if that offer is withdrawn then you don't really have a leg to stand on. Pursing the TV cost will confuse the issue over unpaid fees.

sorry this has happened honey
    Last edited by The Juggler; 19-02-2014 at 10:18 PM.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

5. Likes bunyip liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12