How to get rid of door saleman....
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

The phone ones , if they don't get the initial 'sorry I'm not interested' ' reall.. no not interested thanks' polite version and insist it will only take 2 minutes...this is the first time they have ever called me and won't again if I complete a survey they promise... , I say ok then but I need to turn the oven off.. Be back in a miniature, here's some music to keep you company as the kitchens on the ground floor... A childrens cd goes on,and I leave them to it. Once, 5 mins later, the guy was still waiting!! I said I'm nearly done and left him again. Got the hint eventually.
    I did get fed up of a window company constantly trying to sell me double glazing and not accepting that I rented, and had new double glazing... 6th call I said ok, yes I'd love new double glazing. They came out, a good hours drive away, and said " oh.. You rent? We can't deal with you where's the landlord?"
    Cumbria I think? Several hundred miles away..
    And " but you've already got it?"
    Erm...yes... I did say...6 times...

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I answered the door the other day, was pick up time so expecting dad, guy selling wall cavity or something, I tried to explain I can't sat d at the door discussing this as I'm a childminder "oh when is your husband in then, no point discussing it with you is there?" cheeky git.
    From now on I'm going to say I'm the babysitter, it's obviously what people think of us and it does get rid of them.

Oct, 87
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

On the phone I say I'm either the babysitter or cleaner! Door callers told rented property or we are moving house in the next 2 months. My pet hate is answering telephone calls where there is a delay....phone straight down then grrrrr

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been asked if my mum was in a few times by sellers at the door!! Its my house, I am married and have a baby

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12