Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Put offs

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Just came across this thread - must have missed it! I don't use my upstairs for minding apart from the toilet as my upstairs is not registered - am in Scotland and would have had to get more alarms etc to register it when I don't really want to use it anyway.

I have just advised my parents this weekend that in the next month we will be getting a lab puppy - 2 sets have come straight back saying great - just waitin to see what my other set of parents say - fingers crossed they are all happy to stay! Have an African grey parrot too but that hasn't put anyone off x

2. Likes lynncjt liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doris127 View Post
    I had one family who didn't come because I had a TV in my playroom. I didn't have a separate playroom it was my living room. I did say it was never on during the day but she wanted me to remove it. Another didn't come as she wanted me to provide a freshly cooked tea - which was no problem as I did it for others - however her issue was that she couldn't see how I could cook and look after her son at the same time.
    Some people really do want the impossible! Did she think we'd have a chef on the payroll? How on earth did she manage at home if she couldn't see a way to cook while looking after a child?

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a family who used to attend 2 days a week until Mum went on maternity leave. I have 2 cats and Mum has a phobia of cats so on the days they used to come I had to lock the cats into the kitchen while she dropped off the children. She once rang me at 8am from her car and said she couldn't get to my front door because 1 of my cats was on the doorstep.
    She was apologetic and said she felt silly but if you have a phobia then you have a phobia.

The family is returning in Sept with new baby and although she is still petrified she said if I didn't have space for her 3 children she wouldn't go back to work.

So its nice to know that even though she is scared to death of my cats she still wants her children to be with me
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I had 2 families where the parents had real fears about dogs ( both families had come from abroad where rabies is common) they chose me because I had a dog and they did not want their children afraid of pet dogs

I also had a family choose me because I had pet rats.

7. Likes Maza liked this post

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234