I have finally finished that poxy SEF!! whoop whoop....
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I have finally finished that poxy SEF!! whoop whoop....

It's long, its boring, its more complicated than it needs to be, its very involved for a childminder looking after 3 little children every day but I have done it, will not look at it again for a few months.....phew......wine please

2. Likes Maza, Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done, I need to do mine but can't find the time to sit down and concentrate on it.

Dec 13
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't even know where to start, I open it up to start and then go completely blank and close it again :-/ well done you though xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Whooo well done you!

Just come back to it every month or 2 and add updates when you do new or exciting things

6. Likes VeggieSausage liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieSausage View Post
    It's long, its boring, its more complicated than it needs to be, its very involved for a childminder looking after 3 little children every day but I have done it, will not look at it again for a few months.....phew......wine please
    Yes dreading it too!!!
    I wonder if Ofsted have ever stopped to think that they have created a document that is so boring and dreaded and would consider a more friendly form of reflection?
    When it was updated we all thought it was going to be an improvement but in fact they have just tweaked this and that and still left it uninspiring!

I personally feel that reflecting on one's practice should be 'exciting' (for want of a better word??) and make one want to write and write and regularly return to it ...not go round in boring circles chasing one's tail

The SEF is framed to help inspectors ...using the same terminology or 'edu speak' as EYFS
    I admit some parts are extremely useful so the inspectors have a clue and can form an idea about the provider they are about to judge but the rest is

No wonder many providers do not bother with it at all and others look for an alternative...also it could be used for many other useful purposes eliminating lots of dubious questions and individual interpretations....a wasted opportunity there!