Arrgh!  Tribal called I haven't been minding for 6 months yet!!  Help!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 13
    Non childminder member
    PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddleywinks View Post
    Don't you have a lovely daughter?! Want to swop?

Mine threatened to hide in the loft, and 30 mins after Mrs O arrived, start tapping on the loft hatch saying, in a trembling voice:
    Is it ok to come out now?
    Mum, I'm hungry, I've not eaten in 2 days, please feed me
    I promise I'll be good, honest.....

My DS then joined in, and said he'd do the same but in the downstairs cupboard!

This then prompted two weeks of hilarity for them, and I was a nervous wreck, running around the house checking they HAD gone to college/school every day

Aren't they terrible??

I did ask my daughter what we do in a fire evacuation and she said 'I'll say I don't know what that is' ... yah very funny missy! Then she asks will the lady from Oxford ask me any questions and I say yes maybe, she says 'Oh good' with an evil look in her eye!

2. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Sept 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hee hee....cheeky monkeys! Luckily my dd is only 21 months so the worst I can expect from her is that she'll tell the inspector she's done a poo poo! Although I'd put money on her instigating an argument over a toy just to show me up!

4. Likes Kiddleywinks, unalindura77 liked this post
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just goes to show that kids of ALL ages know just which buttons to press

(problem with mine, 16 & 13, is they have a wicked sense of humour, so I could actually see one of them doing it )

6. Likes unalindura77 liked this post
    Sept 13
    Non childminder member
    PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

It's good to see I'm not alone!

Even yesterday, as soon as I got off the phone I was completely stressed and all of a sudden lo I was minding wouldn't let me put him down and decided to cry and become clingy! It was amazing as he had been really calm and happy before that, they can sense how you're feeling and seem to play on it.

Sept 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Unalindura....is it just me or are you having a mini nervous breakdown every time the phone rings now aswell?! Got so many things I still need to double check and get ticked off and tweak......aaaaarrrrgh!

Aug 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I started minding at the end of September and got inspected at the beginning of January x

10. Likes unalindura77 liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Emra81 View Post
    Unalindura....is it just me or are you having a mini nervous breakdown every time the phone rings now aswell?! Got so many things I still need to double check and get ticked off and tweak......aaaaarrrrgh!
    I am interested in how the furniture rearranging is going?

Sept 13
    Non childminder member
    PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

Emra & Simona!

A fellow childminder was here today and the mobile rang while we were chatting away, I stood in the middle of my newly rearranged lounge and froze as I stared down at the screen which read 'Private Number' well....I wasn't able to answer it, just stood there with what must have been a funny expression as my friend found it hilarious! When I listened to the voicemail, it was a completely unrelated matter....and breeeeathe

This morning at 9:30am there was a loud knock on the door, I almost jumped right out of my skin, I took a sneaky look out of the curtains and there the man who had come to check my windows and give me a quotation for new ones (I had forgotten he was coming).

This is horrible...I really can't wait until this bit is over

Simona, my daugher hates the new arrangement of the front room! She says it feels awkward, I say, it looks more spacious and gives little ones more space...so of course I win. I did promise her we could move it back once they've been!

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by unalindura77 View Post
    Emra & Simona!

A fellow childminder was here today and the mobile rang while we were chatting away, I stood in the middle of my newly rearranged lounge and froze as I stared down at the screen which read 'Private Number' well....I wasn't able to answer it, just stood there with what must have been a funny expression as my friend found it hilarious! When I listened to the voicemail, it was a completely unrelated matter....and breeeeathe

This morning at 9:30am there was a loud knock on the door, I almost jumped right out of my skin, I took a sneaky look out of the curtains and there the man who had come to check my windows and give me a quotation for new ones (I had forgotten he was coming).

This is horrible...I really can't wait until this bit is over

Simona, my daugher hates the new arrangement of the front room! She says it feels awkward, I say, it looks more spacious and gives little ones more space...so of course I win. I did promise her we could move it back once they've been!
    I couldn't stop laughing as you described your call and knock on the door.....keep us posted ...I hope your nerves hold until the day she actually comes!
    may I suggest a glass of wine tonight while you sit in your rearranged sitting room! ??? Cheers

Sept 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain Unalindura! I lost it with dh today when he phoned me 3 times from the supermarket! In his defence he does pretty much every big shop and is normally great but by the third call I was absolutely convinced it was 'the call' and ripped his head off! Poor man!

Velleity -did you start minding as soon as you registered or did you register before the end of September?

15. Likes unalindura77 liked this post
    May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had a blocked call on home phone and mobile (one after the other) which I'm convinced is them. I didn't answer and no message left

17. Likes unalindura77 liked this post
    Sept 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Brings on a special kind of palpitation/perspiration doesn't it Minstrel! For once I'll say, fingers crossed for you it was a cold call from a double glazing company!

Sept 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, just re-read and registered that it was one call after another on home phone and mobile....child still be a cold call!

Sept 13
    Non childminder member
    PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Velleity View Post
    I started minding at the end of September and got inspected at the beginning of January x
    Velleity I bet you're soo relieved you have it over and done with and feel pity on us poor souls

Sept 13
    Non childminder member
    PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emra81 View Post
    I feel your pain Unalindura! I lost it with dh today when he phoned me 3 times from the supermarket! In his defence he does pretty much every big shop and is normally great but by the third call I was absolutely convinced it was 'the call' and ripped his head off! Poor man!

Velleity -did you start minding as soon as you registered or did you register before the end of September?

You've heard of bridezilla's right? This is Ofstedzilla's...

Our poor poor families!

Sept 13
    Non childminder member
    PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    I couldn't stop laughing as you described your call and knock on the door.....keep us posted ...I hope your nerves hold until the day she actually comes!
    may I suggest a glass of wine tonight while you sit in your rearranged sitting room! ??? Cheers

Simona if you had have been there you would have laughed even more to see how lo stopped what she was doing and looked so scared to see me jump that way! Poor lovey...

At the moment I think a glass of wine or baileys is in order and I'll probably be an alcoholic by the time Mrs.O comes...

I have some left over valium from a back injury, might pop a few of those on the day

Sept 13
    Non childminder member
    PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel View Post
    I've had a blocked call on home phone and mobile (one after the other) which I'm convinced is them. I didn't answer and no message left

You and I have exactly the same style! I've got a ladder to the attic I will be going up with LO's if they come on a bad day...

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad it's not just me who is going out of my mind with panic!! I don't think I'll ever be ready for this inspection!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12