Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Magazine subscriptions

Have had an e-mail from Morton Michel offering a discount to childcare magazines - can anyone give me some advice about the following magazines

Nursery World
    Early years educator
    Practical pre-school incorporating Childcare
    Essential childminder

Does anyone currently subscribe to any of these or does anyone no longer buy or subscribe to any of these and why?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I used to get nursery world for years, but I never had time to read them before the next one came along! the childrens centre gets them, and I have a quick look there!

I used to get EYE, but found after a couple of years that there wasn't really anything new in it!

don't know anything about the other 2, apart from I think sarah707 might write for essential childminder.

I think in the days before the internet, they were useful, but not so much now, because so much information is available at our fingertips. I am considering getting a subscription for an online edition, but equally, I just don't know if i'd have time to read it!

3. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Have had an e-mail from Morton Michel offering a discount to childcare magazines - can anyone give me some advice about the following magazines

Nursery World
    Early years educator
    Practical pre-school incorporating Childcare
    Essential childminder

Does anyone currently subscribe to any of these or does anyone no longer buy or subscribe to any of these and why?
    Nursery World and EYE for me...have subscribed for years
    EYE is particularly useful for me as the articles are in depth and cover wider practice than NWorld
    Some of the articles in EYE are unmissable and the writers are brilliant!

5. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Practical Pre-school. I prefer to read a hard copy than online (never get the time to read the MM one) and I find it has some very useful articles and things to do in as well. Obviously you can put the cost through your expenses.

xxxx

7. Likes hectors house liked this post