Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
If your child has been diagnosed as being on the autistic spectrum then you should ask and are entitled to have info from the team around the Child
They would advice you what to plan for him according to his specific needs as autism varies

If the child has not been diagnosed then your observations of the starting points will show you the 'gaps', where he needs support and where you need to plan carefully for him

It does not surprise me he does not 'play' farm...play is something that comes later for some children with autism...they are so varied according to the spectrum they are in

This may help
Play

Sorry that I seem to go on about starting points...I am worried about how other settings collate these from providers whose child has been with them a while and then starts with another...what I am finding is really worrying and looks like there is little universal understanding of this to the point I contacted my EY team and suggested some shared training session so this could be a shared strategy for good practice
I am also interested in the way we collate and present starting points as I think these will be important in the new ofsted inspections to help show the progress children have made with me. Mine are currently notes taken on visits, all about me ( though I have found that you find out more by talking to the parents) obs completed on visits ...then I summarise with a pen portrait that parents read and add to...then next steps on reverse of PP... And I am away!
But as I am new to this each child's is a little different as I reflect, evaluate and improve...one day I may get the formula right!

Sarah 707's latest blog around planning is really good reading around this aspect too.