Free Entitlement confusion.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Non childminder member
    Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Free Entitlement confusion.

Hi Ladies I have just started my childminding journey and got my certificate last week. I have been told by my LA that I can only offer FE if i get at least a good on my first inspection or if I do a level 3 in childcare which I cant actually do until I have a child on roll. I have now been told different I have been told that I can offer FE now subject to filling out all the paperwork for 3 and 4 year olds but cant offer it to 2 year olds until I do my level 3 or I'm graded at least a good. Do you have any advice on what is right ? Thank you

Registered Childminder since
    Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

A number of the rules were relaxed last September. With my LA you need to be good or outstanding and have DBS less than three years. Some LA are still asking that you wait until first full inspection others are saying you can straight away but need to complete extra paperwork.
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.

Post Thanks / Like

I received some info from my LA today and it said that you have to be good or outstanding, but I know this isn't the same for a friend of mine in the midlands x

Registered Childminder since
    Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We have to join the network (an onerous task in itself), go to the network meetings, have up to two unannounced visits per year, be studying towards or have a level three then wade through all the related paperwork, of which I am sure there is plenty.
    Apologies for the random full stops. Phone buttons too small, thumbs too big.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahj2012 View Post
    Hi Ladies I have just started my childminding journey and got my certificate last week. I have been told by my LA that I can only offer FE if i get at least a good on my first inspection or if I do a level 3 in childcare which I cant actually do until I have a child on roll. I have now been told different I have been told that I can offer FE now subject to filling out all the paperwork for 3 and 4 year olds but cant offer it to 2 year olds until I do my level 3 or I'm graded at least a good. Do you have any advice on what is right ? Thank you
    Your LA will be well aware that all you need is to be Good or outstanding as per DfE guidance...all LAs got the same guidance so no excuse.
    No need for a level 3 or to join a network...or fill in additional paperwork....that has all gone

Pacey have been raising this issue recently because LAs are still imposing conditions on CMs and on the twitter session with the DfE this week I did tweet to them that cms are still facing obstacles

Check it out but you will find those are the guidelines...good luck