advice please! I will try to not go into too many details but.....nits!
I have a full practice and a group of truly wonderful children. I recently began looking after sisters agexld 18 mts and 8 years.
basically I found nits in the youngest ones hair last month. I had a conversation with her parents who claimed they thought they had got rid of the nits the previous night. I didn't say anything, but I found that hard to believe as honestly, there were 100s in her poor head. The parents also commented that they were sick and tired of being called by their older child's school requesting they collect their child to denit her before returning her to school...
I agreed, with their consent, to help them. I got some special shampoo etc. and did her hair. I told parents that they should now all do their own hair etc.....
soon after another parent approached me and was very upset that she had found nits in her own 2year old daughters hair. she was really upset. basically she said that it was obvious where she had gotten them from as this other child hadnt been here long and was always scratching etc.
I dealt with it and told the other mum wgat to do about nits....but she said that if her child caught tgem again, she would have to think twice before sending her daughter back to me. this upset me as her daughter is gorgeous and here full time.
This morning I found over 15 live lice and loads of eggs in the young sisters head again....I don't know what I should do.....
I have text parents to say again that I have found eggs and live nits but advised her again to do tge whole family asap. Their reply was along the lines of 'well all children get them so there is little we can do'.....
what would you do and advise?