Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
This may help

Midday naps may boost toddlers

In my experience parents stop children from sleeping because it is more convenient for them at night so the child goes off to sleep quickly...unfortunately there is no evidence that a nap in the afternoon stops children going to sleep at night...none

it is impossible to keep children awake and I have always refused to literally stop them doing so...it is not healthy in my view and hard to do ...also tired children get very upset and can result in tantrums
I agree totally - LO always with me slept 1330-1430 ish so with a 3pm pick-up Mum needed to see that the nap is not the problem, also I knew that she would drop off on way home so Mum would know she needed it. One day on pick-up she was asleep as she could not stay awake and I had told mum I would not stop her if she needed it. Mum now understands LO needs sleep as being here doing all that we do is different to being at home pottering and watching TV. Took Mum 4 days to realise

I would have refused completely with my other 2 x 2 year olds that come all day for breakfast til dinner time.