Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Kia Sedona-HELP

Registered Childminder since
    July 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Kia Sedona-HELP

Hi

I've tried looking for the answer here, google, Kia manual etc, can't find anything!

I have a Kia Sedona SE+ 55 reg, great car but I can't seem to slide the rear seats to create a bigger boot.

We can't find a lever under the rear seats (like under the front/middle seats) to make them slide, it's driving me mad!

Does anyone know if there were Sedona models made where the rear seats don't actually slide or should they all slide?!

I've tried the Kia Forum & a local dealer who don't seem to know the answer. I just need a little bit more space to comfortably fit the P&T's double.

Any ideas/help much appreciated
    FF

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My husband works for a main dealer and he says that if you were to take the car in and ask, a salesperson / customer service / mechanic would just show you

June86
    Post Thanks / Like

Is the 3rd row a bench seat if it is there should be a lever under the front cushion (not on the floor as you would expect) of the right seat which you pull to slide the seat.

July 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for quick response

Yes called local dealer, although mechanics weren't available and the sales lady didn't have a clue but will definitely try another one now you've said

Not a bench seat but 2 separate seats, looked under seats & can't find anything, it's very frustrating as I only need a tad more space!

amo x
    FF

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got an 08, the seats have a bar underneith at the front and rear of each seat. Does the floor have runner slits in it? Was just thinking that if it doesn't maybe you cant do it on yours.

July 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Its a 55 reg with 2 split rear seats, we had another look yesterday, torch an' all and it looks like there are runners but not as long as middle seats

amo x
    FF

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Not the same as mine then as mine's got quite long runners in the back. Is yours a 6 seater with captain seats? Does the bonnet have a vent in the middle on the top? Just trying to work out what model you have!

KIA does have a forum, maybe you could ask on there?

x

July 11
    Post Thanks / Like

55 reg, SE+ yes with the toaster on the bonnet!

I think it's one level down from top spec, leather captain seats, 6 very big seats but 7 3 point seat belts (my ds 11 sits in middle of 2 rear split seats 50/50) Great car, bought it second hand a few months ago, cheap & spacious, so I thought-just need a tad more boot space. I can squeeze P&T's in but sometimes it takes a good few goes & adjusting position before the boot door will shut

Runners don't seem that long, I had a Fiat Ulysee 53 reg & runners were much longer on that so maybe they are fixed and don't move.

Tried the kia forum and no response yet

Thanks

amo x
    FF

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I'm useless. No good with cars at all.

In fact, I'm so technically inept, I could never open a carton of KIA-ORA without getting covered in juice - never mind a KIA-Sedona !!!

July 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Me too, haven't a clue when it comes to the car, laptop or anything technical that may give me a headache

Just had a reply from Kia forum. There are some models where the rear seats are fixed in place and don't slide, which sounds like mine. Think I ought to get it confirmed at garage, above says it all

Thanks all
    FF