Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you know what you are getting?

Dumb husband bought both my presents (have My birthday over xmas too) on our joint amazon account so I can see what they are!!

A wobble board for practising balance for my skiing and a dictaphone for my memoirs. Both asked for and will be much used and enjoyed.
    Recreation is the name of the game for me this year with all the stress around our Cming future.
    What about you? Do you know exactly what you're getting?

My big present is to myself to celebrate my 60th - taking hubby sking in Austria on jan 4!!
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes I am having a electronic spice grinder I know this because I ordered it for him so he didn't get it wrong
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

3. Likes The Juggler, loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Tumble dryer, received and using it, love it!

I know most women hate getting domestic items for Xmas but I love it, use it all year and think how thoughtful a gift it was!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

me and hubby don't do pressies at xmas. Our birthdays are in Jan and Feb. We used to buy a small something from the kids to each other but this year our kids (11 and 14) announced they wanted to take money out of their savings and buy for us and the grandparents so even that job has been made redundant.

Jadavi enjoy your ski trip!
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i'm pretty sure what I am getting as I give DH a few ideas, and he rarely deviates!

charlottenash ... I'm not against getting domestic items for Christmas ... as long I decide I want them !!!

Jadavi ... have a wonderful skiing trip

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I know that my mum has bought me tickets for ant & dec's tour but other than that it'll be surprises for me!

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

We just uh joke presents for each other, have a good laugh and enjoy the day, no pressure.

Sept 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We're just doing a few stocking presents for each other and then hopefully going away for a weekend in January courtesy of clubcard vouchers...currently looking up possible hotels and hoping we can actually get one booked! x

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

My sister has got me a handmuff for my pushchair as I always moan about cold hands and hate gloves. She showed it to her boy friend who was horrified and said it was not appropriate to buy me boob warmers.

11. Likes AgentTink, caz3007, Tulip liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My children will get me suprises now they are earning and I have my birthday on the 26th so I will get something nice then too. I had my holiday in Bali for my birthday a bit early so not expecting anything from my DH.
    Debbie

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

DH has got me an ipad mini - he got DD to sort it after I had put in my request, she checked what colour etc so she got it right

Last year I got my Kitchen Aid mixer which was a total surprise/shock - I had wanted one for 4 years at least!

DD gets money from DH to get other bits I don't know about and she has her own Amazon/ebay accounts etc so I don't get to find out.

It is hard for me to keep DHs presents quiet if I buy online as we share an email address - keep putting them into a file hoping he won't find them!
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually have to buy my own presents and end up wrapping them myself too. This year I don't want anything. If I drop hints my hubby gets it wrong and I'm disappointed - more in that he doesn't listen to me or know me very well rather than the actual gift if you see what I mean (and I end up looking really ungrateful) Best present I ever had was saved up my money myself for Kindle.
    This year my husband has gone and spent a fortune on himself, and bought himself something for himself from the boys too - I think they are old enough to start to understand they should be learning about the 'giving' part of Christmas so its a shame they didn't get any consultation or choice!

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebell View Post
    I usually have to buy my own presents and end up wrapping them myself too. This year I don't want anything. If I drop hints my hubby gets it wrong and I'm disappointed - more in that he doesn't listen to me or know me very well rather than the actual gift if you see what I mean (and I end up looking really ungrateful) Best present I ever had was saved up my money myself for Kindle.
    This year my husband has gone and spent a fortune on himself, and bought himself something for himself from the boys too - I think they are old enough to start to understand they should be learning about the 'giving' part of Christmas so its a shame they didn't get any consultation or choice!
    Hugs to you bluebell, present giving often brings disappointment, that's why we decided on joke presents and just enjoy the day. The worst present DH got me was a toilet brush and he still can't understand why I was so ungrateful.

16. Likes Tulip liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be getting the same as every Christmas:-

1. Woken up early.

2. Broken baubles trodden deep into the carpet.

3. Pine needles everywhere. Why does this happen every Christmas? Even when we have a fake tree? And how on Earth do the needles always manage to get into the bath tub?

4. A pile of washing up that actually exceeds the total amount of crockery, cutlery and kitchenware that we currently own.

5. Enough waste food to sort out world hunger once and for all. Naturally, with (most) shops closed for an entire day, Mrs B feels obliged to buy in enough food to last a month. An aside: why do so many packs of mince pies have a pre-25th 'best before' date?

6. A massive pile of waste paper in the form of discarded gift-wrap as the grandchildren rip into an orgy of presents opened so frenetically that all semblance of order is lost, together with the accompanying gift tags, so nobody knows who got what from whom. But then, who needs them: the days of thank-you letters and general gratitude are long gone anyway.

7. Family demands to raid my private battery store - cos I seem to be the only person on the entire planet with the wit to realise that battery-operated toys and other equipment doesn't work if you forget to buy the batteries.

8. This year's pointless TV 'Christmas Specials'.

9. Re-runs of previous year's pointless TV 'Christmas Specials'.

10. People getting stressed about the cost, lack of time, and that the whole thing will be utterly ruined if so much as one Brussels Sprout is out of place etc. etc. etc. - and who then have the nerve to label me a Grinch/MOG/etc. precisely for making an attempt to minimise the stress that they're all bringing on themselves this time each year.

Merry Saturnalia everybody...... bah bl00dy humbug.

18. Likes Bluebell liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

On a photography holiday in May I fell in love with a Nespresso coffee machine.

Ready steady go... Action plan - Nespresso for Christmas...

* visit Selfridges Nespresso - free coffee, listen to sales pitch...

DH thinks price of pods extortionate...

* visit friends who have Nespresso machine...swear them to secrecy...." Lovely coffee" says DH ...." New coffeee machine etc.. " say friends....." We love Nespresso pods!"....

* point out offers on internet for reduce price pods....
    * buy beans on next shopping trip...DH has to grind before making filter coffee.
    * make full jug of coffee every time....discuss wastage..
    * watch all adverts with George Cloony ( for me ..not him!! ...keeps the enthusiasm on track)

Somebody loves me....super duper current coffee maker starts to leek!!!!

* revisit friends with Nespresso maker...

Final tacktic: casually browse Nespresso dept in John Lewis ( DH fav shop) ....casually enter in discussion with Nespresso salesman ( with knowledge that DH is always a sucker for sales! ) with knowledge that they have special offer....

Taste .....DH fav style of coffee ..... Take an important phone call....tell DH I will meet him outside shop in 5 .....

DH meets me 15 mins later ...walking towards me from direction of car park....get home ....DH volunteers to bring in shopping from car..later that day .... Suddenly finds reason to visit loft....

Will let you know on the 25th ....but I am hoping that my strategic planning pays off and I will be drinking breakfast coffee from a red Nespresso coffee machine on Christmas morning!!!

Watch this space!

20. Likes FussyElmo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I asked my 4 year old DD today what she was getting me for Christmas, and she replied 'wrinkle cream!'

I'm 28!!

22. Likes Tulip liked this post
    July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    On a photography holiday in May I fell in love with a Nespresso coffee machine.

Ready steady go... Action plan - Nespresso for Christmas...

* visit Selfridges Nespresso - free coffee, listen to sales pitch...

DH thinks price of pods extortionate...

* visit friends who have Nespresso machine...swear them to secrecy...." Lovely coffee" says DH ...." New coffeee machine etc.. " say friends....." We love Nespresso pods!"....

* point out offers on internet for reduce price pods....
    * buy beans on next shopping trip...DH has to grind before making filter coffee.
    * make full jug of coffee every time....discuss wastage..
    * watch all adverts with George Cloony ( for me ..not him!! ...keeps the enthusiasm on track)

Somebody loves me....super duper current coffee maker starts to leek!!!!

* revisit friends with Nespresso maker...

Final tacktic: casually browse Nespresso dept in John Lewis ( DH fav shop) ....casually enter in discussion with Nespresso salesman ( with knowledge that DH is always a sucker for sales! ) with knowledge that they have special offer....

Taste .....DH fav style of coffee ..... Take an important phone call....tell DH I will meet him outside shop in 5 .....

DH meets me 15 mins later ...walking towards me from direction of car park....get home ....DH volunteers to bring in shopping from car..later that day .... Suddenly finds reason to visit loft....

Will let you know on the 25th ....but I am hoping that my strategic planning pays off and I will be drinking breakfast coffee from a red Nespresso coffee machine on Christmas morning!!!

Watch this space!
    Wow! That's quite some tactics! I really hope you get your hearts desire after all that lol!

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jadavi View Post
    Dumb husband bought both my presents (have My birthday over xmas too) on our joint amazon account so I can see what they are!!

A wobble board for practising balance for my skiing and a dictaphone for my memoirs. Both asked for and will be much used and enjoyed.
    Recreation is the name of the game for me this year with all the stress around our Cming future.
    What about you? Do you know exactly what you're getting?

My big present is to myself to celebrate my 60th - taking hubby sking in Austria on jan 4!!
    Hope you enjoy your birthday and your ski-ing trip - I went ski-ing for first time for my 40th birthday - my family put photos up all over the hotel and complete strangers wished me Happy Birthday on the slopes all day. We went ski-ing last year on 6th January and it was fantastic, so quiet, no queues for ski lifts. My birthday is 30th Dec - when is yours? I hate having a birthday so close to Xmas! We are going to Thailand to celebrate my 50th year next year but not away for my birthday this time.

I know my husband has got me a fantastic pen and ink drawing from a local artist (I chose it at craft market a few weekends ago) and my daughter today told me on the phone that she couldn't find the damson liquer I asked for so had bought me something similar! So much for a surprise, I know I put it on my list but didn't know anyone was getting it for me (or not getting it). I asked for a bottle last year after tasting it at same craft market that my husband bought my picture from but my mum bought me a bottle of raspberry wine! (not the same thing at all)!

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine is on the 23rd

I love it being so close to Xmas as everyone is always happy and at home for Xmas and its really a big deal. I am a total baby about my birthday and am princess for a day and I demand total pamperdom!
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

Post Thanks / Like

I am getting the. Babyliss perfect curl .. Seen it on tv and lusted after it but horrendous price .. Dh ordered it from Argos and saw the reservation email yay!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast