Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    On a photography holiday in May I fell in love with a Nespresso coffee machine. ..... Ready steady go... Action plan - Nespresso for Christmas... * visit Selfridges Nespresso - free coffee, listen to sales pitch... DH thinks price of pods extortionate... * visit friends who have Nespresso machine...swear them to secrecy...." Lovely coffee" says DH ...." New coffeee machine etc.. " say friends....." We love Nespresso pods!".... * point out offers on internet for reduce price pods.... * buy beans on next shopping trip...DH has to grind before making filter coffee. * make full jug of coffee every time....discuss wastage.. * watch all adverts with George Cloony ( for me ..not him!! ...keeps the enthusiasm on track) Somebody loves me....super duper current coffee maker starts to leek!!!! * revisit friends with Nespresso maker... Final tacktic: casually browse Nespresso dept in John Lewis ( DH fav shop) ....casually enter in discussion with Nespresso salesman ( with knowledge that DH is always a sucker for sales! ) with knowledge that they have special offer.... Taste .....DH fav style of coffee ..... Take an important phone call....tell DH I will meet him outside shop in 5 ..... DH meets me 15 mins later ...walking towards me from direction of car park....get home ....DH volunteers to bring in shopping from car..later that day .... Suddenly finds reason to visit loft.... Will let you know on the 25th ....but I am hoping that my strategic planning pays off and I will be drinking breakfast coffee from a red Nespresso coffee machine on Christmas morning!!! Watch this space!
    Brilliant!!

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I know what I'm getting A dia de muertos kitty hoodie I ordered it myself. Also getting the expansion packs for my games. Looking forward to a day of gaming in my new hoodie.

Hubby struggles to buy presents so it's easier for me to do it. He couldn't even decide what he wanted for himself this year lol. He has dr martens, a hell rider hoodie and some new headphones (so his film watching doesn't interfere with me and my kids gaming this year lol).

We don't do big expensive stuff, just little stuff that gets us all playing together. Me and the teens, and now the youngest all meet up on the server, whilst hubby does his thing with his kindle and his films. He does join us on the server when we need the extra muscle of his paladin, or the healing power of his priest, but he prefers the sofa and the movies.

Our main thing this year though, is a day out next Saturday with friends. One of them owns a lazer labrynth so our gaming group is meeting up to shoot each other haha. Cannot wait, a whole day of battle.

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

No I don't know what I'm having. We are going away for two nights in Jan so have said we are not getting each other much at Christmas.
    X

Post Thanks / Like

I have asked for vouchers, how boring!!!!!! I'm in desperate need of new clothes and fiancé has 'odd' taste sometimes.

As I'm still setting up my original request was for ikea vouchers so I could fill the house with lovely childminding resources but I was told a firm no!!!!! ;-) I think he's going to find it difficult coming to terms with the house being taken over...

Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jadavi View Post
    Dumb husband bought both my presents (have My birthday over xmas too) on our joint amazon account so I can see what they are!!

A wobble board for practising balance for my skiing and a dictaphone for my memoirs. Both asked for and will be much used and enjoyed.
    Recreation is the name of the game for me this year with all the stress around our Cming future.
    What about you? Do you know exactly what you're getting?

My big present is to myself to celebrate my 60th - taking hubby sking in Austria on jan 4!!
    Well I hope you are going to look surprised Enjoy!

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

On a photography holiday in May I fell in love with a Nespresso coffee machine.

Ready steady go... Action plan - Nespresso for Christmas...

* visit Selfridges Nespresso - free coffee, listen to sales pitch...

DH thinks price of pods extortionate...

* visit friends who have Nespresso machine...swear them to secrecy...." Lovely coffee" says DH ...." New coffeee machine etc.. " say friends....." We love Nespresso pods!"....

* point out offers on internet for reduce price pods....
    * buy beans on next shopping trip...DH has to grind before making filter coffee.
    * make full jug of coffee every time....discuss wastage..
    * watch all adverts with George Cloony ( for me ..not him!! ...keeps the enthusiasm on track)

Somebody loves me....super duper current coffee maker starts to leek!!!!

* revisit friends with Nespresso maker...

Final tacktic: casually browse Nespresso dept in John Lewis ( DH fav shop) ....casually enter in discussion with Nespresso salesman ( with knowledge that DH is always a sucker for sales! ) with knowledge that they have special offer....

Taste .....DH fav style of coffee ..... Take an important phone call....tell DH I will meet him outside shop in 5 .....

DH meets me 15 mins later ...walking towards me from direction of car park....get home ....DH volunteers to bring in shopping from car..later that day .... Suddenly finds reason to visit loft....

Will let you know on the 25th ....but I am hoping that my strategic planning pays off and I will be drinking breakfast coffee from a red Nespresso coffee machine on Christmas morning!!!

Watch this space!

Worked!! Two days into new ownership of a shiny red Nespresso coffee maker and husband is loving the coffee too - though he is still quoting how much each cup is costing!
    Last edited by FloraDora; 27-12-2013 at 06:29 PM.

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

came on to look for update!

Well done, bet he thinks it was his idea!

Enjoy your coffee
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

On the Twelfth Day of Christmas, my True Love, so-called "friends" and relations gave to me:-

12 gift vouchers for shops I don’t shop in

11 bottle of cheap spirits that I don’t drink

10 jumpers I wouldn’t be seen dead in

9 other items of clothing that don’t fit

8 bottles of aftershave that smell bad enough to make the dog sick

7 things that need batteries – without the batteries

6 books I’ve already read

...................5 pointless things...................................

4 cassette tapes to play on my CD player

3 pairs of driving gloves

2 totally cr4p presents without the receipt for exchange

…and a Woolworths gift voucher in a dead pear tree

PS. Easter's better - you just get chocolate.

9. Likes caz3007 liked this post
    nov 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Got pjs....first time dh has bought me some for Christmas. ...a Christmas jumper and a lion soft toy with an iou....to go see lion king and an overnight stay in london....with a further iou (cause he wants to see it too) possible tickets for the phantom of the Opera. .hopefully see them both on the same weekend :-D on happy little wifey

nov 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Worked!! Two days into new ownership of a shiny red Nespresso coffee maker and husband is loving the coffee too - though he is still quoting how much each cup is costing!
    Yea x well done all them hints worked

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I was gobsmacked by my hubby. I had seen this guardian angel bag on a weekend break to Hastings and despite me saying 3 times that I liked it, he didn't offer to buy it for me at the time, but somehow he managed to buy it and hide it until Christmas, probably explains why he disappeared for ages. The guy in the shop apparently said that he knew hubby would be back...lol

Jul 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

For the first time in 16 years dh did his own Xmas shopping. I was one very spoilt wife I got a kitchen aid, ugg boots and ugg flip flops.
    I know that that's my surprise Xmas presents done for the next 16 years but I really appreciate toga the did it this year.
    Love Amanda

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12