Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD!!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default part time childminding alongside in-school job

Has anyone ever done this or know the implications?

I have been offered the chance of a HLTA position at the school where most of my mindees & daughter go.
    so was thinking I could still do the before & after care for them as TA's start & finish the same time as the children.

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rickers83 View Post
    Has anyone ever done this or know the implications? I have been offered the chance of a HLTA position at the school where most of my mindees & daughter go. so was thinking I could still do the before & after care for them as TA's start & finish the same time as the children.
    In my experience they don't start and finish the same time but that doesn't mean it couldn't work as long as parents are happy with It

Aug 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD!!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

No they don't usually (I worked as a HLTA for 5 years), but at this school they do, I checked start & finish times :0)

I was thinking more of Ofsted & tax implications?

Sept 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

A TA at the school I used to work at did childminding before and after school...seemed to really work for her so if the hours fit I can't see why not x

5. Likes Rickers83 liked this post
    Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rickers83 View Post
    No they don't usually (I worked as a HLTA for 5 years), but at this school they do, I checked start & finish times :0)

I was thinking more of Ofsted & tax implications?
    I can't see any tax issues - TA will be paye I pressume and Childminding - self employed.
    Watch the tax brackets if you earn a lot theres a higher tax to pay but I don't think that will be relevant

And I can't see a problem with ofsted at all, I think it adds to your desirability. Go for it. You'll be knackered.

7. Likes Rickers83 liked this post
    Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great to me. Worth looking at hmrc re tax etc

Glitter Guest

I work in a school running the after school club and child mind during the day and school holidays.

Ofsted did not have a problem with it, and like other posts say neither did HMRC. When I fill in my tax return I just have to declare my income from being employed (by the school) and self employed (child minding).

The only problem I have is on the school inset days I usually have children to child mind so I can not attend the training the school organise. Sometimes this has caused problems so I would advise sorting this out with the school before you start.

You will be very tired as you might have two lots of paperwork to do. Good luck if you decide to do it.

10. Likes Rickers83 liked this post
    Aug 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD!!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glitter View Post

You will be very tired as you might have two lots of paperwork to do. Good luck if you decide to do it.
    all of the school children are out of eyfs, so what paperwork would I need to do, apart from business paperwork, attendance etc?